Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Wot no ID?  (Read 2039 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Wot no ID?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 03:58:41 PM »
Today, I enquired what identification I needed to join Marple Library. I expected the usual, "a bank statement, two utility bills, your passport etc". The answer was NONE! So I joined on the spot.

Naturally I gave my real name and address, being an honest person. When I asked why no identification was needed I was told, "so there wouldn't be any discrimination against the homeless".  A nice thought, but a bit bizarre?

Whilst in the library I was both pleased and saddened. The photo exhibition upstairs which is on this week was worth a visit, but downstairs several large window panes have been vandalised an require replacing.

You are probably on the electoral role so don't need ID for the purposes of the library.

marveld

Wot no ID?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 01:45:15 PM »
Today, I enquired what identification I needed to join Marple Library. I expected the usual, "a bank statement, two utility bills, your passport etc". The answer was NONE! So I joined on the spot.

Naturally I gave my real name and address, being an honest person. When I asked why no identification was needed I was told, "so there wouldn't be any discrimination against the homeless".  A nice thought, but a bit bizarre?

Whilst in the library I was both pleased and saddened. The photo exhibition upstairs which is on this week was worth a visit, but downstairs several large window panes have been vandalised an require replacing.