Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Marple, Cheshire?  (Read 6467 times)

Lisa Oldham

Re: Marple, Cheshire?
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 04:26:44 PM »
I understood that we are only *in* Manchester because they changed boundaries and some bureaucrat told us.... don't think they ever asked Marple people so..

Marple Stockport Cheshire and always will be :)

Now I await the History lesson  ;D

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 10:05:30 AM »
"Welcome to the FIRST and BEST community web site for Marple and District, in Cheshire UK".  http://www.marple-uk.com/

There's often still confusion as to whether Marple is in Cheshire. As much as many of us want to keep the Cheshire rural feel, (my dad still says, "Marple, Cheshire"), I think it's time to be honest with ourselves.

Marple is in the metropolitan district of Stockport which is in the metropolitan county of Greater Manchester.

To my knowledge, in 2010, Marple is in no shape or form part of Cheshire.

Time for a change, Mark?  ;)

Perhaps it's a bit like Gorton and Denton. I used to know someone who lived on the borders Although his house was, strictly speaking, in Gorton, he always insisted he lived in Denton as it was "a better area". Have my doubts about that but there you are.

badger

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 07:57:44 AM »
And so say all of us! :)

Barbara

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 10:58:18 PM »
And ours always has, and will remain, Marple, Stockport, Cheshire!! :D

Jo Scarlett

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 09:43:38 PM »
The Royal Mail don't appear to be confused, my post still gets put through my door and my address is Marple, Stockport, Cheshire SK6 7**!!!! 

Miss Marple

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 08:45:14 PM »
Hey nice try !!!

marveld

Marple, Cheshire?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 08:22:27 PM »
"Welcome to the FIRST and BEST community web site for Marple and District, in Cheshire UK".  http://www.marple-uk.com/

There's often still confusion as to whether Marple is in Cheshire. As much as many of us want to keep the Cheshire rural feel, (my dad still says, "Marple, Cheshire"), I think it's time to be honest with ourselves.

Marple is in the metropolitan district of Stockport which is in the metropolitan county of Greater Manchester.

To my knowledge, in 2010, Marple is in no shape or form part of Cheshire.

Time for a change, Mark?  ;)