Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Marple walk - which way  (Read 3003 times)

badger

Re: Marple walk - which way
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 12:58:43 PM »
Try contacting the Peaks and Northern Footpath Society I'm sure they will be able to help or even the Ramblers Asso: they both have web sights for local groups.

CTCREP

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 12:46:12 PM »
For years I have been trying to persuade Stockport MBC to signpost such a walk, similarly one from Rosehill to Etherow Country Park, For some reason, and I can only assume it is someone in the locality who has the Council's ear and is opposed to the idea, they refuse to do this. Elsewhere, and at great expense, Stockport MBC has signposted something called the Fred Perry Way (what's that? I hear you ask), so it can't be their reluctance to do anything like this.

There is some hope. Stockport MBC joined forces with Sustrans to create a Connect2 route from Rosehill down Dale Rd crossing the River Goyt with a new bridge near Chadkirk and continuing right into Stockport. We can only hope Sustrans will be able to achieve something that years of requests have failed to do.

The ridiculous thing is that by refusing to provide signboards at Rosehill and elsewhere Stockport MBC is doing a great disservice to all the traders in the Marple area as well as their own facilities at Etherow Country Park and Chadkirk.  many people come from afar to use the Middlewood Way and I am sure some would enjoy the opportunity of continuing to Chadkirk, the canal complex etc and the cafes and pubs would no doubt reap some benefit from this.

nbt

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 10:11:35 PM »
Yes, you can go down Marple Hall drive, where it turns 90 deg left and becomes Marina drive there's a footpath round the outside of the school grounds that used to be the road to Marple hall (the remains are on the right as you leave the road). Anyway the footpath will take your round the school as I said and drop you out right next to the garden centre
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

daniel2034

Marple walk - which way
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 09:57:38 PM »
Hi

If I was walking through marple past Rose hill station and wanted to head to the garden centre/chadkirk which way could you go? i would like to avoid dan bank - can you cut through the woods ???