Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: New shop at Rose Hill  (Read 93509 times)

rosehillstores

Re: New shop at Rose Hill
« Reply #164 on: July 03, 2011, 12:29:13 PM »
P.S. admin has duplicated the notice on this web site its a public notice and in the public interest

rosehillstores

« Reply #163 on: July 03, 2011, 12:18:54 PM »
well marpudlian ,here again spouting off after listening to premier.you need to stop trying to justify youself for shopping there.if you want to know the truth come and see me, im not the one having my licence reviewed ive got nothing to hide. for the record the notices on the lamppost and the fence where put there by the council.they also asked me to display a notice on my premises because premier kept removing them. Ive also asked you not to voice your opinions on here, lets wait and see the outcome of the hearing i hope you find time to attend and hear what the police have to say and why they have asked the council to review the prenmises licence not something they do lightly have a look on the council website and see how many reviews there are at the moment.AND PLEASE STICK TO FACTS ,I FIND IT QUITE OFFENSIVE THAT YOU KEEP COMING ON HERE TELLING LIES ABOUT ME.GET YOUR FACTS  RIGHT AND STOP LISTENING TO SOMEONE WHO IS IN **** up to his eyeballs!

marpudlian

« Reply #162 on: July 02, 2011, 10:04:03 PM »
I live in Rose Hill.. I frequent the spar regularly.. I visit different parts of Marple and Marple bridge every single day and I work in Marple too...  I didn't see any posters.

I'm glad I've added a little bit of amusement to you morning.. but it is gossip.. and it could be Chinese whispers if anyones daft enough to repeat.

you did NOT say that YOU saw them only that Premier said it happened... If it is as you say and it is illegal, then the council have a legal duty to charge or officially warn Mel. 

I'm guessing this hasn't happened or we'd definitely have proof of it! 

Well I HAVE seen the notices. There is even one outside the Spar as well as one on the lamppost round the corner.

I have always used both stores, but there have now been two occasions when I have walked out of Premier and seen who I guess is Mel stood outside Spar smoking and shaking his head disaprovingly. People can shop wherever they like.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #161 on: July 02, 2011, 10:22:55 AM »
I live in Rose Hill.. I frequent the spar regularly.. I visit different parts of Marple and Marple bridge every single day and I work in Marple too...  I didn't see any posters.

I'm glad I've added a little bit of amusement to you morning.. but it is gossip.. and it could be Chinese whispers if anyones daft enough to repeat.

you did NOT say that YOU saw them only that Premier said it happened... If it is as you say and it is illegal, then the council have a legal duty to charge or officially warn Mel. 

I'm guessing this hasn't happened or we'd definitely have proof of it! 

marplex

« Reply #160 on: July 02, 2011, 10:12:22 AM »
Lisa, I find it somewhat amusing. It is not gossip though like Chinese whispers it has come from the horses mouth. With regard to provable are you joking! they were probably seen by hundreds of people plus he probably has the posters he took down.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #159 on: July 02, 2011, 09:57:06 AM »
its not interesting.. its just gossip.. not pleasant or provable gossip either

marplex

« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2011, 09:42:45 AM »
I was told an interesting story by the chap in Premier.  Following the licencing incident at Premier the Council posted a couple of official notices outside the stores.
Mel decided this was not enough and made his own notices trying to replicate the official ones and posted them all over Marple.  Premier contacted the Council and was advised that Mel's notices were illegal and that he could remove them.

Miss Marple

« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2011, 02:00:44 PM »
Licensing is such a strange thing. If the licence gets taken of the current licence owner they can just put it in someone else's name and re trade !   I have still not received a reply from Premier head office to my email , when I do I will post it

Rachael

« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2011, 07:40:32 AM »
Why dont you call in the Spar  and ask Mel himself, he will be happy to tell you Im sure , rather than listen to gossip from the shop next door,  who appear to be in a bit of hot water themselves according to the council website  ????

Just a thought . ;)

marpudlian

« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2011, 02:07:03 AM »
Was told in Premier on Saturday that Spar will be gone soon. Is this just wishful thinking on their part or are they closing down?  ???

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2011, 04:16:05 PM »
Here are more details from the SMBC web site:

Notice of Application for a Review of a Premises Licence under the Licensing Act 2003

Notice is hereby given that Greater Manchester Police, in exercising its statutory function to prevent crime and disorder and protect children from harm, has applied on 07/06/2011 to Stockport Council, as the Licensing Authority, in respect of the premises known as:
Premier, Raja Brothers (Formerly known as Wine Rack)
200-202 Stockport Road
Marple
Stockport
SK6 6EY

because the operation of these premises does not support the licensing objectives, namely the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety and the protection of children from harm.

The application has been made on the grounds that the Police have been investigating these premise for underage sales and were unable to view the CCTV footage.

Anyone wishing to make representations about this application must do so in writing by 5th July 2011.

to: The Licensing Officer (2003)
Environmental Health and Trading Standards Service
Stopford House
Piccadilly
Stockport
SK1 3XE
e-mail: licensing@stockport.gov.uk
fax: 0161 474 4369
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marpleleaf

« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2011, 03:36:22 PM »
The police have applied for the Premier licence to be reviewed.

Full story on my blog

http://themarpleleaf.blogspot.com/2011/06/marple-store-wars-new-twist.html

marpudlian

« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2011, 10:57:02 PM »
While I can fully understand things from Spar's point of view, as they were there first, the shop should accept that business is business and there will always be competition from rival businesses. Even just within Marple, there are examples of new newsagents, tanning salons, hairdressers, chip shops, cafes and even pet shops opening just a few doors away from similar businesses. When Marple Fish Bar opened a few years ago just metres away from Chius which had been there for years, I'm sure there was no talk of either business asking customers to boycott the other, constructing barricades, "keeping an eye on the competition" or all kinds of rumours circulating from various dubious sources. Also within the 2 years, two new newsagents have opened in the centre of Marple, I am sure other newsagents haven't resorted to such measures as those above. Likewise there are many pubs centred within a couple of minutes walk from each other in Marple, and I am sure the owners all accept there will always be competition.

Although having said that, I have never once used Marple Fish Bar but have always supported Chius simply because they were there many years before the competition.

Perhaps Spar and Premier could join forces and create one large convenience store, or maybe one could move to Marple Bridge which lacks any such store.

badger

« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2011, 09:57:04 PM »
Lets face it they are convenience stores and if your desperate for a bottle of wine ,beer or a Red Bull you'll nip round what ever the price to the one that's open the latest when all the others are shut.

county_life

« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2011, 12:13:17 PM »
Lisa,  I'm not on here to argue or get political or anything like that!! I'm on here because my Dad told me about this website and the discussion regarding the 2 shops and I thought I'd leave my experience as to what happened *Fact not Fiction* !! I only joined on the day which I posted my first comment and the reason I left a comment was because I didn't like to be questioned as to where I shop from from anyone!!!

It sounds like you're getting into a little bit of the playground scene here and need to grow up, other people will have different opinions in life as you so don't worry!! Were not all the same people!!
I don't really see why I'd come on telling you my wife was asked for ID if she wasn't, please take my word that I don't have a problem with the Spar or the Raja as I keep saying!!  If you'd like to see this happen then I'm sure we could let you know next time she's going in, or maybe we've popped in before hand to tell them were coming in and asking them to ID her!!!!  ??? hmmmmmmmm

Haven't checked this in a few days as I thought the arguments were over and people had realised I'd just left an experience.  I'll not reply to any other comments especially ones from people who dont know me and are pretty much calling me a liar and telling me I'm being false or fake!!