Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: New shop at Rose Hill  (Read 93513 times)

Lisa Oldham

Re: New shop at Rose Hill
« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2011, 10:01:30 AM »
Hi county life.... 4 posts.. 1 topic hmmm.. you sound very like another old friend.. marple x... just saying! 

Rosehill spar...  I understand.. and support... but try not to rise to it on here..

we talk about a lot of hearsay etc on here and then listen to claims of "no evidence" etc.. i dont believe for one minute that county lifes wife has been asked her age cos 14 yr olds arnt!

I do believe my 2 teens who come home and tell me EXACTLY what is going on in there....

Miss Marple

« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2011, 10:04:39 PM »
Been into Premier today and spoke to the chap in there who has given me details of who to contact. Told him I was concerned about the goings on there due to having grandchildren living close by and the amount of community charge i pay to have the pleasure of living so close to a police raid.  The chap was very pleasent and assured me that everything now was OK but I said I would prefer that information from the owners.   Sadly he did not ask my age When I bought 10 Woodbines, but I will deal with that as a separate issue  ;D

heather

« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2011, 04:30:55 PM »
congratulations to your son

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2011, 11:35:54 AM »
Take a day off for your son's wedding and look what happens. Everyone needs to calm down a little please or I will have to close this topic.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

county_life

« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2011, 09:45:33 AM »
Were just getting into an argument now which is not why I left my comment.  Don't you not think this is my local community too?  If you were a Police man doing the business then I'd completely agree but your not, your a local business / shop owner who seems to be doing as much as he can to see the rival competition shut down!!!

As I've said early I completely agree if there doing anything wrong we don't want to see that, but it isn't for you to get involved with an all your doing is upsetting people who could be using your store instead of putting people off!! (My opinion, no one Else's)

The police I'm sure will be monitoring the situation like a hawk and as long there still open they will have to be very careful with what there doing.  There not just going to raid a place and forget about it surely not!!!

rosehillstores

« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2011, 09:24:15 AM »
sorry but this is my community if there is criminal activity going on i would want to know about it all im doing is informing people of whats going on sorry if the truth makes you feel uncomfortable all you are doing is forming your own opinions without being in posetion of the facts isnt ignorance bliss does a leopard change its spots would you be so forgiving if it was your child they were selling cigarettes to you dont even know how the law works or whats going on as we speak.

Victor M

« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2011, 08:53:42 AM »
With ref to Edel Carpets, I thought they also owned the shop next door! There certainly has been a sign in the new shop sometimes stating if door locked call next door, pointing to Edel carpets. Can't see that happening if they are in competition.

county_life

« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2011, 07:46:57 AM »
Let. us know how you get on Miss Marple as if you can find anything out it'll be very interesting.

I completely feel for the Spar owner but he upset me in comfronting me when I went. In the store. People have a right to shop where they want and he should be concentrating on his own business insteaed of putting people off both as I know the chap he spoke to after me had the same thinking.

My thinking was if they were raided and someone was dipported and cheap alcohol was taken then they've done there job and got rid of the messy side.  Surely the police if the store. Is that bad it wouldn't have opened after the raid and I'm sure the police.will be monitoring it very closely!!

Harry

« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2011, 07:25:21 AM »
The shop I am referring to is Edal Carpets (think that's how it's spelt) near the pet shop.  That shop has been trading for as long as I can remember, selling furniture, carpets and the like for years without any local competition, then low and behold the shop next door becomes vacant and another business moves in selling exactly the same.......

I think you'll find that Edel Carpets have simply expanded into the vacant shop next door.

rosehillstores

« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2011, 11:58:24 PM »
Thank you your the first person to even consider the human cost. we are a really close family unit but this has been the most stressfull time we have ever been through.we are still totaly overwhelmed and moved by the support we have had from the locals and they are the only reason we are still here thanks youve all been fantastic! As for you speaking to premier they are the shop front for booker wholesale im sure they have no idea whats going on although they did recomend to raja bros.not to open here they only operate four shops under the premier banner. .Raja bros. is aparently headed by one guy who i believe lives on the isle of man .i honestly believe you would be wasting your time

Miss Marple

« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2011, 11:32:10 PM »
The shop next door is an extension to Edel carpets , they have had a little door built into it from the back of the carpet shop

Well thank the lord for that ? I will now not feel any remorse lying on my shag pile rug !  :D

Miss Marple

« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2011, 11:28:33 PM »
Do you know what I am going to do first thing tomorrow after 6 coffees and maybe two cigs ?   I am going to contact the Premier Brothers or their representatives and see what they have to say about the goings on!  Because if it's as bad as you say and I am not doubting you ! Let's get the big boys talking and put the ball in their court.   I do not even know you but I can see that this is making you unwell and will have a dramatic impact not only on your business but on your life as a whole.  As a resident I am concerned about the antics so near to where I live.  Have you contacted your MP as a resident and not as a shop owner, because if I had a ten year old child living next door to what you say is happening I would be extremely concerned not for my business but for the wellbeing of my child.  

Rachael

« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2011, 11:28:18 PM »
We have a prime example of this in two other shops in Marple and to date nothing has appeared on this web site.  The shop I am referring to is Edal Carpets (think that's how it's spelt) near the pet shop.  That shop has been trading for as long as I can remember, selling furniture, carpets and the like for years without any local competition, then low and behold the shop next door becomes vacant and another business moves in selling exactly the same, give or take a few items.  So my point is that Nothing! That I can see on this site has made reference to a local family firm that has been trading for years now having direct competition.  So this is where I have begun to draw comparisons to what's happening with the Spar and Premier.  

The shop next door is an extension to Edel carpets , they have had a little door built into it from the back of the carpet shop

rosehillstores

« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2011, 11:12:46 PM »
there are no politcs involved we moved to marple as im sure many of you have and we had a family busness ofering a service to the community and were warmly welcomed just because there is a spar sign above the door does not mean we are one of the big boys the shop consists of my wife my self my 10 year old son and our employees. the raja bros aparantly have some 120 shops around the counrty and have opened purely in an effort to drive us out of business i did not start this post the only time i comment is when people are wrong but what i cant stand is people talking about whats going on  between the shops when not one of you has been in to ask me my side or wont take a minute to listen to what i have to say

Miss Marple

« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2011, 10:54:46 PM »
people will always believe what they want to believe or until they are proved wrong i spoke to someone recently who voiced similar views about the people next door he said they had always been nice and couldnt believe my report about what was going on apparently his father is a senior police officer  he returned a few days later and aplogised .he hasnt set foot in next door since .it will all come to light eventually, but i can tell you one thing my high moral standards also cover the truth and you can take anything i say as fact , Do you believe that an operation like the raid on next door ie.borders agency,customs and exice,licencing the police  and sniffer dogs are carried out without considerable organisation and inteligence.
I do not think that anyone doubts what you are saying or what has been reported in the press.  Things like you mention are now wide spread with even elderly peoples homes having visits from border agencies arresting illegal workers.  I sometime feel that you state the obvious and my advice to you for what its worth is GIVE THEM ENOUGH ROPE AND THEY WILL HANG THEMSELVES !  If they are involved in so much criminal activity.  Me buying a loaf of bread from them will not alter anything!  Not that I shop in either shop due to the politics involved !