Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: New shop at Rose Hill  (Read 93683 times)

andy+kirsty

Re: New shop at Rose Hill
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2011, 09:04:54 AM »
What has seemed odd about Premier is that there are ALWAYS three staff in there. Surely this must cost a fortune!

There may be a few in there but none of them will be 'working' in the traditional sense. Profits will be taken and distributed on a subsistence basis as, generally, certain cultures operate on a stricter family unit / hierarchy than others do. once you have offset your takings against costs, depreciation of a nice new 4x4 (which you will pay lower business road tax on) etc etc I expect there is little tax  to pay at all and no NI. (lets not go into wether they are registered as unemployed and on job seekers)

Let me reinforce at this point that info has been gleaned from a relative who works for HM Border Agency so this is his worldly view, and that it is prevalent accross all cultures within our society. As discussed on other threads its technically legal but morally corrupt.

Andy

Miss Marple

« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2011, 11:13:38 PM »
It's not only Premier if you remember it's not that long ago that a house was raided in Marple and Chinese people were arrested due to no work permits I think they were linked to the nail salon on Stockport Road

Victor M

« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2011, 05:01:17 PM »
Not if you pay them below the minimum wage, pay no NI contributions and don't give them any statutory holiday rights. I only hope that Premier get the book thrown at them for exploitation if this is what they have been doing.

marpudlian

« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2011, 03:46:50 PM »
What has seemed odd about Premier is that there are ALWAYS three staff in there. Surely this must cost a fortune!

Cyberman

« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2011, 04:55:23 PM »
If they are employing illegal workers, what's the betting they're not paying a reasonable wage? If so it's not fair competition to the Spar shop. Same applies if they are selling alcohol/cigarettes to underage customers. I think we can do without them - might help the problem of boozed-up kids in the park. Anyone at Stockport Council prepared to investigate?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2011, 09:43:46 AM »
There was a report in Thursday's edition of the Stockport Times about the raid on Premier. Interestingly there was no mention of selling of cigarettes or alcohol to minors and it says that the raid was due to immigration issues.

Quote from: Stockport Times, Thursday 21 April 2011, page 28
Two held in raids on shop.
IMMIGRATION officials raided a Marple shop and arrested two men on suspicion of working illegally.
The Border Agency, police and council licensing officers swooped at the Raja Brothers store, on Stockport Road, on Tuesday afternoon.
The two men arrested were both Pakistan nationals and aged in their 20s.
As The Times went to press one had been detained and accused of overstaying a work visa.
A Border Agency spokesman said that he could be deported.
The other man is being investigated for being in breach of a student visa and has been bailed.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

rosehillstores

« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2011, 11:37:46 PM »
I see them serving children with cigarettes and alcohol on a daily basis and i ask myself the same question

Miss Marple

« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2011, 10:09:27 PM »
The premier shop was raided yesterday,it was a multi agency raid by Borders agency,customs and excise,trading standards,licencing and a large no of police officers with sniffer dog two employees of premier were handcuffed and taken away as was a large quantity of alcohol and other items
Given all of the above, why are they allowed to continue trading  ???

rosehillstores

« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2011, 08:59:59 PM »
The premier shop was raided yesterday,it was a multi agency raid by Borders agency,customs and excise,trading standards,licencing and a large no of police officers with sniffer dog two employees of premier were handcuffed and taken away as was a large quantity of alcohol and other items

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2011, 07:11:26 AM »
Premier was closed early evening when we drove past, Spar was open, both were open when we came back later.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Miss Marple

« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2011, 12:14:48 AM »
Both shops were open and trading at 9pm tonight when I drove past   

Rachael

« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2011, 11:49:20 PM »
with what information do you think that ?

if the place has been raided, its a crime scene where people cannot enter ( possibly )

this just adds fuel to fire .... please on this matter, just state facts, either way, i hope staff in both shops  regardless of loyalty to either shop are both well and no harm to anyone  if something horrible has happened :(

TSF

« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2011, 11:45:07 PM »
i beleive that premier has been closed down

marveld

« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2011, 07:09:51 PM »
Can someone clarify if this is a red card for SPAR or PREMIER? I know this thread is "New Shop At Rose Hill", but it contains dialogue about both premises.

TSF

« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2011, 04:31:13 PM »
they were selling cigarettes and alcohol to teenagers apparently one of the staff was arrested this morning and was seen handing over the keys to the police!