RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: New shop at Rose Hill  (Read 93520 times)

Harry

Re: New shop at Rose Hill
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2011, 04:15:02 PM »
With that number of vehicles and the way the police officer was guarding the door earlier, it looked like it was a raid.

Perhaps they were selling out of date bread.

Howard

« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2011, 03:46:49 PM »
My teenage daughter tells me it was down to selling alcohol to under 18s. This is just hearsay.

Victor M

« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2011, 02:43:15 PM »
Just went past today and there are 3 police cars and a police dog van parked outside and at least 5 policemen standing guard, anyone know what has happened?

marpudlian

« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2011, 08:33:24 PM »
The only negative thing I could personally say about the situation is that the Premier shop told me not to shop next door because they aren't nice people. I said I will shop wherever I want and I still use both shops.  :)

SCOUT1

« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2011, 11:38:59 PM »
I too have pledged not to go into premier and have banned ny teen from there too.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2011, 05:13:46 PM »
Have'nt visited the forum for ages but I am really very glad to see that "we" appear to not be listening to Marplex anymore or discussing hearsay as fact!
As a result of this topic and the obvious, what i consider immoral business practices, of Premier and the nonsense that some have put on here slating the Spar owners, I dont intend to EVER go into ANY Premier store EVER again!
Good luck Mel, I hope your business survives the fight.. shame theres not more Rosehill people on here to read what has gone on and then maybe more would vote with their feet!

chicken lady

« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2011, 09:12:28 AM »
I'm going to be careful here, but, it is a fairly common 'business' tactic - if you own 1 shop you need 100% of the income from that shop in order to survive, in rose hill there is enough custom to keep one shop going and for the owners to have a fairly decent living out of it.

If you own two shops you only need 50% of the business from the area that shop is in to get a living from your two shops, if you have 4 shops you only need 25% and so on.

When you set up in direct competition your sole intention is to poach the business, however you only need  50% of that business.

The person with one shop goes bust, losing their house, livelihood etc.

Once the competition goes bust you increase your prices to recover the loss you have incurred by selling at a loss for the previous 12 months.

Its dirty, and I for one won't support it.

Andy

well said Andy, I won't support it either.

andy+kirsty

« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2011, 09:51:40 AM »
I'm going to be careful here, but, it is a fairly common 'business' tactic - if you own 1 shop you need 100% of the income from that shop in order to survive, in rose hill there is enough custom to keep one shop going and for the owners to have a fairly decent living out of it.

If you own two shops you only need 50% of the business from the area that shop is in to get a living from your two shops, if you have 4 shops you only need 25% and so on.

When you set up in direct competition your sole intention is to poach the business, however you only need  50% of that business.

The person with one shop goes bust, losing their house, livelihood etc.

Once the competition goes bust you increase your prices to recover the loss you have incurred by selling at a loss for the previous 12 months.

Its dirty, and I for one won't support it.

Andy

Miss Marple

« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2011, 09:57:55 PM »
Can I suggest you all start shopping on line  ;)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2011, 07:35:10 PM »
I whole-heartedly agree with what Pink Panther has said, it's very easy to take the written word the wrong way when you can't hear how a comment is delivered or see someone's face as they say it. We all need to remember that when we're posting here and if things start to get a bit heated then the individuals concerned can alway continue (and maybe even resolve) their discussions privately through the PM system.

Think I might promote PP to a moderator - she'd be much better at it than I am  ;D

With regard to a price war between the two shops, this may be of short-term benefit to the people of Rose Hill but that can only go on for as long as there are two shops to compete. As soon as there is only one left then the prices will go back up to 'convenience store prices' again.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rachael

« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2011, 08:03:42 AM »
I was talking to a fellow member in the pub last night ... I had noticed that there was unrest between posters and they had too ( and Ive been part of it, I hold my hands up) .  Its difficult to know which context something is meant when its just words on a screen.  Things are taken the wrong way .

We can all be polite and civil AND get our point across   and yes I have had a word with myself too as someone jokingly asked if I typed with my  nose in the air  (they asked because they know face to face im not like that at all, and THEY know, I dont mean it to come across like that on here ... but I can see how some people might think it does)

Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice ......

Just a thought  x

Rachael

« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2011, 07:21:35 AM »
Stop it !!!  its going to get shut down this topic  :(

stockport road

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2011, 10:30:32 PM »

I own , and run a business in a industry where the cheapest cost wins the work regardless of who it is , friend or foe .

I don't know any businesses where the cheapest ALWAYS wins, even on Ebay, where everyone buys the item at the cheapest cost, if the seller has zero/bad feedback (ie customer service) they lose the sale.

Again I reiterate , I have never used Premier in my life as I prefer to use Spar , despite me knowing its more expensive than the shop next door but because it is a more 'friendly' shop .

Cripes , Would you like my next post in bigger lettering ?

:)

Cripes

« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2011, 10:01:31 PM »

I own , and run a business in a industry where the cheapest cost wins the work regardless of who it is , friend or foe .

I don't know any businesses where the cheapest ALWAYS wins, even on Ebay, where everyone buys the item at the cheapest cost, if the seller has zero/bad feedback (ie customer service) they lose the sale.

stockport road

« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2011, 08:58:34 PM »

Clearly you are not or ever likely to be a business owner, and if you think Spar are able to compete with a price war you have not understood the content of this thread.

Lets be honest here , SPAR is a convenience store located in convenient places as a rule .

Their prices reflect this , whether its the one in Rose Hill or the one opposite the entrance to Glastonbury .

Cripes

Did you forget to read the first couple of sentences in my post ? Read them now if you wish , il give you a moment .

:-\

Companys up and down the country are consistantly lowering prices / cutting corners ( me included ) to drive competitors out of business and unfortunately , sometimes the good guy loses .