Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: New shop at Rose Hill  (Read 93500 times)

Barbara

Re: New shop at Rose Hill
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 08:41:15 PM »
Yeah, give up the sugar!  Nothing wrong with good old British beer, or if really pressed tap water!! ;D

marveld

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 04:25:53 PM »
The new shop at Rose Hill is due to open next week if all goes to plan. I feel quite sorry for the Spar owners. You can't pick your neighbours can you? I occasionally buy these Red Bull type energy drinks, and to be honest, I think they're all very similar. You can buy a budget brand at Bargain Booze for 35p and Spar's own brand is 81p. As much as I want to be loyal to the Spar when I'm shopping at Rose Hill, I guess I'll be checking out the new shop when it opens. A bit of a dilemma! The obvious answer is to stop buying those nasty non-nutritional caffeine loaded sugary drinks! Now, who's selling wine cheapest this week.....  :)

Miss Marple

Spar at Rose Hill
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 06:22:44 PM »
The Spar at  Rose Hill has proved very popular and has a steady flow of customers throughout the day.  Its fantastic for all us living nearby and the couple who run it are really helpful and friendly.  So what's the problem I hear you all say !!  Well once again our planning department have surpassed themselves.  I have just heard from the builder working on the old wine shop next door that its to become a genreal store  Now there's competition and there's competition but sadly theres liquidation and bankruptcy.  If its true it must be very concerning for the couple in the Spar  :-\

nbt

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 05:22:13 PM »
Well I would welcome a KFC,Burgerking or a Subway, cos there's not many places to hang around these days.
Well, there's always The Railway right opposite, I usually find pubs are great places to hand about as you can often buy reasonable beer there  ;D
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

amazon

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 03:18:03 PM »
Well I would welcome a KFC,Burgerking or a Subway, cos there's not many places to hang around these days.

And we haven'nt got a kebab house at Rose hill.

Or what about a "Bookies" or another Tatoo Parlour,     init!
Do you have a newsagent come what ever down there .

alan@marple

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 01:41:38 PM »

And we haven'nt got a kebab house at Rose hill.

Or what about a "Bookies" or another Tatoo Parlour,     init!

nbt

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 10:42:35 AM »
Sadly, it's not a just  case of wanting the shop to be "this kind of shop", that kind of shop needs to have a market  and clients or it will fail, witness the closure of the fancy dress shop opposite the Red cross charity shop - Marple had a bike shop just three or four years ago but it didn't do well enough and had to close. There is a very good bike shop in Hazel Grove (Bicycle Smithy) and I understand one has recently opened in Disley, although I haven't been there yet
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

CTCREP

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 09:18:41 AM »
It is a pity it won't be a cycle shop, situated near the Middlewood Way it would be ideal.  In my young days the cycle shop was another community meeting place. Today, elsewhere, cycle shops occasionally provide simple refreshments, another reason for wanting it there. Of course we had a cycle shop, and we have plenty of cafes, but for some reason - presumably the same reason the BMX course has been demolished - someone on the Council is extremely opposed to catering for cyclists, and for that matter Marple traders as well, as Stockport MBC refuses to signpost a route into the town centre from the Middlewood Way. Not everyone knows that there is more than the Council refuse tip at the end of the Middlewood Way.

Jay

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 11:18:39 AM »
Even at a guess I couldn't count how many takeaways we have. Defiantly not another takeaway  :-\

Barbara

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 07:58:46 PM »
Oh please!!!  We don't have half enough of them, do we? >:(

Harry

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 03:01:27 PM »
We used to have a Clarks shoe shop in Marple.

It closed. Obviously not enough demand.

Now how about a takeaway food shop ?

Jay

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 02:17:04 PM »
Not another hair dresser! Marple's got about 10 already! How about a decent shoe shop, we've not got one of those?

chicken lady

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 10:28:40 AM »
seems pretty daft to have 2 convenience stores next to each other. have the council had to grant planning permission I wonder?

marveld

New shop at Rose Hill
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 03:33:50 PM »
I popped into the Spar today and noticed two chaps gutting the closed off-license. I asked the lady who owns the Spar if she knew what the new shop was going to be. She told me a multi-millionaire who already owns 40 shops was going to open up a convenience store. She was obviously not best pleased. On the one hand I think competition is good for consumers, but Rose Hill only needs one shop of that nature. There is an argument for saying the Spar opened selling wines and confectionery when the off-license was still open, but I'd rather see something like a hair-dressing salon open up (just something different). Anyone else got any views on this?