Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Asda comes to Marple?  (Read 31096 times)

bat man

Re: Asda comes to Marple?
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 04:21:05 PM »
Thanks Mark for the speedy reply,as efficiant as ever. :)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 04:17:51 PM »
I'm afraid not, no, I get all my rumours from here  :-\
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

bat man

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 04:11:08 PM »
Does the administrater have any info as there appear to be lots of rumours circulating. >:(

alison

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 08:55:48 PM »
The road works on the A6, which is causing 2 mile tail backs during the day, is a result of ASDA taking over the site. It looks like you will be able to turn right, and no doubt left,  off the A6 into the car park. That will effectively make the A6 single line for cars in that area. Wonder how much through traffic will divert via Marple as a result?

Actually, some of the works are gas main renewals - going quite a long way down the A6 and causing tailbacks all the time. Hopefully, some of these will be over before the schoolies go back in September. But yes, the road changes at the new Asda do look as if they will be fun! I'll be avoiding Sainsbury too for the duration as you can get stranded in that car park when its busy on the A6!

Alison

amazon

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 07:22:38 PM »
The road works on the A6, which is causing 2 mile tail backs during the day, is a result of ASDA taking over the site. It looks like you will be able to turn right, and no doubt left,  off the A6 into the car park. That will effectively make the A6 single line for cars in that area. Wonder how much through traffic will divert via Marple as a result?

WE Can cope now that dan bank is nearly finished

amazon

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 07:18:46 PM »
The Phantom oliver johnstone was right . about hazel grove coop .  Posted may 24

Victor M

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 07:03:38 PM »

amazon

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 06:55:45 PM »
Asda is to take over Hazel Grove co -op. It will close at the end of this week and reopen in september with access from the A6. Looks like the Marple one is to stay.

Lot of supermarkets in that area . Sains burys .aldi . Marks sparks . if only a small one

sooty2

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 05:02:41 PM »
Asda is to take over Hazel Grove co -op. It will close at the end of this week and reopen in september with access from the A6. Looks like the Marple one is to stay.

Miss Marple

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 10:20:09 PM »
Guess what  ??? I went in the Co-op and asked if it was to become Asda  I was told that it wasn't and that they were fed up with people asking.  Me thinks this is an urban tale fueled by Sooty 2  :o

OliverJohnstone

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 05:03:16 PM »
There is a similar rumour about the Co-op supermarket in Hazel Grove becoming an ASDA. Doubt it has any factual basis - just another bit of hearsay doing the rounds!

moonforest

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 06:07:24 AM »
Has anybody asked Bryce?

Lol my thoughts exactly on reading the OP!!

Jay

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 07:54:05 PM »
Co-op have just spent a fortune on making the store one of it's flagship stores. I doubt there's any truth in this rumor!

Dave

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 03:39:42 PM »
What about my  divi  ???  I for one hope its not Asda !  :o

Agreed.  I find this difficult to believe - surely Asda would want a much bigger floor area than the present Co-op premises would provide? 

alan@marple

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 02:22:37 PM »
Has anybody asked Bryce?