RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: Brass Band Concerts at the Ring o' Bells  (Read 5730 times)

alan@marple

Re: Brass Band Concerts at the Ring o' Bells
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 05:58:13 PM »
Well in view of what Peter has said, I hope that whoever started the insidious rumor will have the moral fibre to admit that he or she was wrong and perhaps apologize to Peter and Sue

jet

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 12:14:07 AM »
Thank you Peter and Sue for your support.
Mark and Anita

Peter

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 08:02:26 PM »
We have made a habit of not contributing to discussions regarding the Ring o' Bells as it is no longer our business however we feel that as we have been asked by so many people that we need to set the record straight regarding the band concerts.

Neither Sue nor I have made any complaints about the brass band concerts held at the Ringers.

We are aware that a number of people have complained but we have no knowledge as to who these people may be. When we were the tenants we were great supporters of local charities and think that the band concerts are a great way of continuing this tradition and we support Mark & Anita in their efforts to keep the Ringers a local community pub.

Peter & Sue Clarke

jet

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 07:45:01 PM »
The Ring O' Bells has been selected as the Best Live Music pub in the North West at the Great British Pub Awards 2010.This has been awarded for the unique series of the Brass Band Concerts and the fact that so much money was raised for charity.
The Ring O' Bells will now represent the North West in the National competition at the Hilton Hotel ,London on the 9th September.

jet

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 08:54:55 AM »
The 5 concerts at the Ring O'Bells has raised £2785 for Local Charities.
Which are The Kidney Foundation Trust, Chrities Hospital ,The Brass Bands of Marple organisation, Werneth wind Band organisation,and Hazel Grove band, all are registered charities

Neil Smith

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 10:39:04 AM »
Incidentally I did hear a whisper that someone has been complaining about the concerts at the " Ringers". What sort of killjoy is it that could object to such a pleasurable activity on a Sunday afternoon. Next they will be complaining about All Saints Bellringers on Monday evenings and Sunday-shame on them!

Alan, I too enjoyed the bands and hope to hear from them again in the very near future BUT the people you disagree with that complained may have come off a night shift or just not like that kind of music, how would you like it if they played some music you don't like very loud for several hours.

We have to except everyone's point of view that's what puts the GREAT in Great Britian.

jet

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 08:15:33 AM »
Regarding the Concerts at the Ring O' Bells and the 3 residents who have complained.
I would firstly like to apologies for any inconvenience or disturbance coursed.
I would also like to invite them for a free meal at the Ring O' Bells.if they would get in touch 'and may be we could resolve any issue's or concerns they have with anything about the Ring O' bells.
Mark Singleton
Ring O' Bells Marple Limited.

RAY NOBLE

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 08:14:01 AM »
The proceeds from the collection and raffle at the All Stars Brass Band concert yesterday at the Ring o' Bells amounted to £800. which will go to charity. Ray

alan@marple

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 07:20:52 PM »
I am disappointed that we have two band concerts clashing on Sunday "The All Stars" Brass band at the " Ringers" at 3pm and the Hawk Green  Band " Songs of Praise" at 4pm at Hawk Green it would have been a double treat if Hawk Green started at 5.30pm so we could enjoy them both anyhow either of them will be very pleasant.

I have really enjoyed the concerts so far at the " Ringers", we really do have some great musical local talent who entertain us on many occasions without charge and at their own cost.

Incidentally I did hear a whisper that someone has been complaining about the concerts at the " Ringers". What sort of killjoy is it that could object to such a pleasurable activity on a Sunday afternoon. Next they will be complaining about All Saints Bellringers on Monday evenings and Sunday-shame on them!

alan@marple

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 06:29:36 PM »
Another dose of Sunday afternoon delight!

Hawk Green Band were fantastic with some great soloists and next week is not to be missed!.
The only drawback is you have to get in early, to get a seat, once again it was "standing room only", but well worth it

A great family outing

alan@marple

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 05:57:19 PM »
Just got back from the second Sunday concert.

Marple Band played an American Themed concert for Independence day and it was just fantastic!
A good audience attended in the garden and there was a Bar B Q.

A great way to spend a Sunday afternoon! can't wait for next week.

Thanks to Mark and Anita and the fantastic Marple Band

marveld

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 10:58:10 PM »
Being a 3pm start on the 27th, are The Werneth Swing Band all going to be wearing England shirts and blowing vuvuzelas? (An immediate red card will be issued for any showing up in Bavarian lederhosen!)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Brass Band Concerts at the Ring o' Bells
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 07:56:05 PM »
Summer Sunday Afternoon Brass Band Concerts at the Ring o' Bells, Marple.

BBQ : RAFFLE : FREE ADMISSION : STARTS AT 3PM

27th June  - The Werneth Swing Band
4th July - The Marple Band
11th July - The Hawk Green (Marple) Band
18th July - All Stars Brass Charity Concert (Conducted by Mr. Gary Cutt).
25th July - The Hazel Grove Band.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website