Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: SNOW, SNOW AND MORE SNOW  (Read 14968 times)

Dave

Re: SNOW, SNOW AND MORE SNOW
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 09:05:10 AM »
It certainly is - the thermometer outside our back door showed -12C when I made the tea this morning.  And it wasn't much warmer inside!   Normal in Siberia, no doubt, but it must be some kind of record for Marple.    ::)

moonforest

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 06:58:58 AM »
COLD

Dave

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 10:47:06 PM »
CRISP   ;D

Jay

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 08:02:53 PM »
No Mark, that wasn't the 'Bloke' This chap did about a 5 minute report on the BBC News channel on Stockport Road just past the Railway pub where the road goes in to two leading to Kayswood opposite Marple Hall Drive. Tried to find the report on the web but can't see it anywhere on the BBC web sites. Never mind!  ???

As for the snow, let's play a snowball game, Best one word to describe the snow at the mo.

I'll throw the first one

DEEP    ;D

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 07:35:17 PM »
we were cut off .. but the film crews and loaded vans managed to get here?  hmmmmm ::)

it is difficult if you are on your own with very young kids that cant walk and no support from family etc however for the rest its not too bad... i went to Marple yesterday with the kids... coop fully stocked except for bread ( though there was a warbutons van unloading at back!) and loads of old(er) ladies braving the shops too having no problems at all!

i cant really use my car.. mainly cos its not sensible too and im a big chicken but apart from that im not finding it a problem and not sure why theres such a fuss.. alot of snow in a very short space of time should always cause chaos for a short while but its back to normal now surely!

pjarvis98

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 03:43:21 PM »
I live on Maple Avenue and we can't get off the cul-de-sac or onto ecclesbridge road. Its too far to walk my 3 children into Marple for provisions and I'm a single parent. The local shop is fast running out of fresh produce and we are snowed in! I suppose for those who can get out and about its not news but for those of us stranded it has been a difficult week and even if the school does open tomorrow I have no way of getting them there as the pavements are too bad for pushchairs.

Mr Marple

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 03:40:31 PM »
I can not believe SKY have done a full report on our town just for being cut off for only one hour!

The main roads were unusable but only for 60 mins not really a TV article for our nation to be brought to the attention of.

The BEEB, BBC, have done a short one but still what a fuss about literally nothing.

Backstreets are just about usable but the main roads are safe enough as long as you don't do over 30mph.
The buses are only running late but that's the typical effect from snow. As for the schools, well I don't see the kids crying about it....they're having fun and so they should.

moonforest

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 02:38:53 PM »
Ditto.

chicken lady

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 08:57:51 AM »
and still people try to drive in it - I saw at least 3 cars stuck and skidding on Dale Road early this morning. One woman tried to turn round by reversing into my drive and was still there 10 minutes later!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 06:33:20 AM »
And here is the Marple "Bloke" who put Dan Bank on TV: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8441982.stm
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 05:42:05 PM »
seen it worse inthe sixtys it was really bad windy as well .a well soon be summer . 

Jay

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 03:33:13 PM »
Yes it was and there was also a 5 minute report on the weather in the area with some bloke stood on Stockport Road near Marple Hall Drive! And that was the national news!