Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Restaurants and take aways, scores on the doors  (Read 5679 times)

Rachael

Re: Restaurants and take aways, scores on the doors
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 05:24:08 PM »
I know that in the Blue Nile, they serve the food dishes wearing latex gloves, so thier skin isnt on the dinner plates  etc ,  I know that doesnt mean everything is great, but is slightly reasurring .

But as for handwashing, I know what you mean, thats why I cant stomach buying an ice cream cornet off the ice cream van seller , it has to be a lolly  in a wrapper .  All that wafer cone , being handled by someone who has dirty hands, from either not washing them after going to the loo,  or other things, but also all that dirty filthy money they take off you in one hand, then hand you the cornet with the same hand back

Uuuuuuugh !!

Some of my friends think that my logic about ice cream vans is barking mad  :P

What they say isnt hurting me,  so it cant be true !!! ;D

Dave

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 02:45:19 PM »
Mmm.   Trouble is, the paper-based assessment system they use looks pretty useless.   I mean, if a place has got four stars because it's got an all-singing all-dancing 'documented HACCP based food safety management system', and has passed the 'external audit process with a few minor non-conformities not identified in the system as critical control points', you still don't know for sure whether the chef always remembers to wash his hands after he's been to the loo.    ::) 

Rachael

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 06:16:15 PM »
The website address is on the first posting Pj.

Its definately made me think about things.  I often went to the Basmati on special occasions , but a two star rating just isnt good enough for me when it costs around fifty/ sixty pounds for four of us to eat out. It makes me feel really squeemish .

I dont know how often these scores get updated , but untill they are, Im giving any place with less than a 3, a very wide berth

pjarvis98

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 05:16:42 PM »
Does anyone know where can find a list of these star? I always get my food delivery with being in with three children and wanting a treat so won't ever get to see it.

Dave

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 06:35:29 PM »
Thanks for this 'heads up', PP - it makes interesting reading.  Although the meaningless gobbledygook is mind-blowing.  Such as 'will have satisfactory documented HACCP based food safety management system which may be subject to external audit process. Audit by Food Authority confirms compliance with documented management system with few/minor non-conformities not identified in the system as critical control points'. 

Which makes you wonder if it isn't all a bit of box-ticking by local authority bureaucrats who are mainly interested in protecting their own backs.  (Cynical, moi...... ;)

alan@marple

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 03:21:06 PM »
I am surprised that the Basmati got such a low score. There's a lot to be said for having the kitchen on view.

And I noticed the other day that the ground in the immediate vicinity could do with a tidy

sgk

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 08:07:32 AM »
Yikes, the Golden Flower and Maple Tree get the worse possible rating, zero stars.

Rachael

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 08:08:35 PM »
Its excellent isnt it,  had two lovely meals there , just a shame someone has to drive if we go there ( not the end of the world I know, but its nice to have a curry and a nice cold beer and leave the car at home )

I was just dissapointed to see that my favourite curry place, only scored 2 stars :(

it all makes me kinda squeemish :(

bat man

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 07:17:28 PM »
The Blue Nile is excellent,the decor is very different the food is out of this world and the Staff couldnt be more helpfull,others should follow there leed. ;)

Rachael

Restaurants and take aways, scores on the doors
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 06:38:32 PM »
Has anyone checked out the new scores on the doors website for local restaurants, pubs  and takeaways food and hygiene standards

www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk

hmmmm, think I will be going to the Blue Nile at Hazel grove for my curry's next time

Chus's got 1 star  ... that's not really a surprise though is it ?