Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Reopen Train Line?  (Read 7460 times)

Jay

Re: Reopen Train Line?
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 04:14:52 PM »
It couldn't be done anyway. If you've ever managed to get up to the Macclesfield end of the old line, before you become set in mud, the end of it has been replaced by the silk road so the original route of the line has gone for good.

Nice idea though, a train would get used more than the mudpath, I mean foot path!  ;)

Rachael

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 03:05:59 PM »
Ive read some bonkers things on this forum in my time ( including my own stuff !) but that is the most bonkers idea yet !

And there was me thinking you were so "savvy" when it comes to how money should be spent locally  ;D

Miss Marple

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 11:04:39 AM »
 ;D Think Admin moved this post which is fine but the one sentence was in reply to a post about  Middlewood way.  What I meant was given the amount of traffic through marple would it not be a good idea to re-open the Middlewood way train line.  I know it is now a walk way but we have many wonderful walks in Marple but what we lack is a direct route to Macc and later running evening trains from Rose Hill.

Dave

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 10:35:50 AM »
Re-opened?  I didn't know it had closed.   ???

Miss Marple

Reopen Train Line?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 12:05:50 PM »
 ???  I think we need to petition to get the train line reopened to ease some of the conjestion on our main road in/out of Marple.