RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: Sportsman  (Read 5441 times)

Barbara

Re: Sportsman
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 04:47:19 PM »
Been lots of times, never been disappointed!!  And they have some lovely guest beers. :D :D

elpram

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 01:37:16 PM »
Went for family (4 adults 3 kids) sunday lunch yesterday and it was a 100% success which is very unusual!

Great food choice and quality, friendly service (even when it got very busy around 2.30) and a nice bright dining room...apparently the beer was good too!

Will def be going again soon.  Braised beef was gorgeous....  :-*

tammy

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 04:54:45 PM »
we went to the sportsman on sat night for tea.....and thought it was fantastic!!  The food off the specials board was gorgeous and my husband enjoyed working his way through the guest beers!!...my two girls were with us and they made us feel really welcome even the locals who all knew each other gave the girls smiles as they came in.. ;D

lovely place will be returning soon....

Rachael

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 07:01:19 PM »
been there twice and each time my clothes smelt of chip fat ( or cooking at least )  when I came out , was a nice enough meal,  but the smell on my clothes puts me off going back

may not be the case anymore, but someone else pointed this out to me as well when they went

baaah humbug  ;D

Dave

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 12:43:20 PM »
I agree bat man - the Sportsman is a good pub, well run and with a good 'community' character.  A good and ever changing selection of beers, decent unpretentious good-value food, and lovely views across the Goyt Valley.  And being near the Roman Bridge and the canal, it's well located for walking the dog! ;D

bat man

Sportsman
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 07:35:46 PM »
We went to the Sportsman Pub in Srines recently,enjoyed a good lunch and they have a seperate room were you can take your well behaved Dog.Well done we will be back soon. ;)