Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: Missing Messages  (Read 3900 times)

Barbara

Re: Missing Messages
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 09:47:35 AM »
Welcome back - we have missed you!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Missing Messages
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 08:32:31 PM »
This evening our host in the USA has at last restored the messages up to 4th February when the server problems began to occur. I will now reinstate the posts that were made since then. I will have to post them as admin but anyone who wishes to re-post their own messages can do so by copying and pasting and I'll then get rid of the version I posted. A bit complicated I know but at least it means we don't loose anything significant.

Below are the two updates I posted during the "troubles". All being well these problems are behind us now, so please post away!

Re: Missing Messages
« Reply #1 on: 5/2/2009  at 04:35:28 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you visit regularly you will know that the site is up and down like yo-yo at the moment, as are most of the other sites that we host through the same account. The problems seem to relate to DNS settings but the behaviour we are experiencing is unusual. Our hosting provider's own web site is not available at the moment, so goodness knows what is going on over in the good ol' US of A. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon but in the meantime please bear with us.

« on: 04/02/2009, 03:47:24 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of you may be confused by messages posted since 29 January disappearing - I certainly was

This is because my hosting provider is moving accounts to a new server and they copied everything of ours across on 29th and then switched the DNS entries (that controls where the domain name points to) and these changes are now propogating across the Internet. How quickly depends on your provider I think, which is why I can see the old server on my phone but the new one via Virgin. Confusing innit!

Anyway, I have asked them to recopy the lastest messages across to the new server before shutting down the old and hopefully they will do that. However, then any new messages posted on the new server(including this one) will probably disappear 

So it's probably best if you don't post any new messages until I confirm everything is working properly again, in case they are lost.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website