Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: Vandalism behind Iceland  (Read 2238 times)

Neil Smith

Re: Vandalism behind Iceland
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 09:40:25 PM »
What is Marple coming to, I hate to say it but sometimes I think lets get a posse together and reclaim OUR streets.

heather

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 08:15:21 PM »
maybe we need more police on the streets during the night in marple. the crib was smashed up outside the baths about 3 days before christmas, why ?????????????

Cyberman

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 05:41:43 PM »
I stand corrected - apologies for the criticism of pub landlords! Looks like we need CCTV in the park as an early warning system.

jet

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 02:08:47 PM »
The pubs on Market Street were long closed before the vandalism occurred. There were damaged done to property on Stockport Road near the park, the Bulls Head and Littlewoods had windows broken and cars were damaged down Church Lane. This happened at about 2am by youths in there teens which may have been drinking in the park. The local landlords do take an active responsible approach to antisocial behavior and have an active pub watch scheme.

Cyberman

Vandalism behind Iceland
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 04:59:12 PM »
There were several vehicles vandalized on Trinity Street (behind Iceland) when I walked past this morning. The Iceland van had its windscreen and a mirror smashed, and a nearby car had a shopping trolley embedded in its rear window. There were also lots of smashed bottles and pub beer glasses nearby. I'm pretty sure this is the work of intoxicated yobs leaving the pubs in the precinct on Saturday night. This is a common occurrence - there's often lots of noise/fighting at chucking out time, plus piles of glass/vomit the next morning.

Am I alone in thinking that the pub landlords should show more responsibility when allowing their customers to get drunk to this extent? I thought it was an offence to serve someone who was already drunk.

Also, what are the chances of the police or neighbourhood wardens (whatever they call themselves) getting off their backsides and doing some patrolling in the evening, when their presence might be useful, rather than in the afternoon which is when I only ever see them. The CCTV cameras seem to be about as useful as Gordon Brown in a credit crunch.

It will probably be worse on New Year's eve - so watch your possessions!