Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: st catherines school .  (Read 17679 times)

sgk

Re: st catherines school .
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 09:50:55 PM »
For info - it's since been taken over by a nursery and opens in September 2009.

http://www.hollinswoodchildcare.co.uk/

sgk

Re: st catherines school - REOPENED
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 08:33:46 AM »
I see the school's about to reopen mid September as a nursery.
http://www.hollinswoodchildcare.co.uk/

Dave

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 09:56:37 AM »
The Independent Schools Council has its own inspection service.  Here is the most recent report on St Catherine's.  http://www.isi.net/reports/2006/1039_06.htm

twinkletoes

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 08:22:40 PM »
One of my friends girlfriend her kids went there and this is what Ive been told, It is a good idea, and all school get inspected! but if not OFSTED then who?

amazon

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 03:48:55 PM »
We soon will have a shortage in schools! If the dale and peacefield are going there will only be rose hill (which is ment to be made into a "super school"!) and all saints. I feel very sorry for the staff and children at st catherines, but I have heard that the parents are going try and make in to a "parent  run school" which would be intresting to see and as a childcare profesional I would like to see how it will affect the ofsted reports and affects on the children.
     Can you tell me where your info is from re parents running the school .

Dave

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 11:35:13 AM »
I have heard that the parents are going try and make in to a "parent  run school" which would be intresting to see and as a childcare profesional I would like to see how it will affect the ofsted reports and affects on the children.

An enterprising idea, and good luck to them, although they will presumably need to reverse the decline in pupil numbers, which will not be easy in these difficult times. 

Btw, St Catherine's is (was) a member of the Independent Schools Council, so is not inspected by Ofsted. 

twinkletoes

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 09:44:05 AM »
We soon will have a shortage in schools! If the dale and peacefield are going there will only be rose hill (which is ment to be made into a "super school"!) and all saints. I feel very sorry for the staff and children at st catherines, but I have heard that the parents are going try and make in to a "parent  run school" which would be intresting to see and as a childcare profesional I would like to see how it will affect the ofsted reports and affects on the children.

Dave

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 06:21:36 PM »
Yes it was a bit flippant, but I'm afraid there's an awful lot of folks getting their P45s at the moment - compared with Woollies, for example, a small local school going bust is not a major event.  Independent education operates in a market place, and in a market, people have to want what you sell.  If they don't, you go out of business.  Anyone who chooses to opt out of state education knows that in doing so, they take this risk.   

As for the kids, a change of school is not necessarily a bad thing.   It's sad at first, of course, but in the future I suspect they will look back on it positively - I did when I moved schools in my youth.   And there is certainly no shortage of good state primary schools in this area.   :)

amazon

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 06:39:09 PM »
Well every cloud has a silver lining - at least there will be fewer Mellor Tractors clogging up Marple Bridge.    ;)

so to u its not the jobs that matter or the children having to go into a diferent inviroment your just thinking of yourself . .   

Dave

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 10:43:33 AM »
Well every cloud has a silver lining - at least there will be fewer Mellor Tractors clogging up Marple Bridge.    ;)

amazon

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 06:25:35 PM »
In this week's Stockport Express a councillor is quoted as saying that the Council were unaware that St Catherine's was in difficulties, and that if the school had warned them, then the council could have assisted them!

So taxpayers' money might have been used to prop up a struggling independent school?  Now that really would have made the headlines in the Express!  (Mind you, we prop up failing banks nowadays, so what's the difference?)   ::)
                  What was a very good independant school . pass rate was exellent . thats what matters .

Dave

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 09:44:48 AM »
In this week's Stockport Express a councillor is quoted as saying that the Council were unaware that St Catherine's was in difficulties, and that if the school had warned them, then the council could have assisted them!

So taxpayers' money might have been used to prop up a struggling independent school?  Now that really would have made the headlines in the Express!  (Mind you, we prop up failing banks nowadays, so what's the difference?)   ::)

amazon

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 04:58:03 PM »
Article in the manchester evening news tonight .[ monday 22 ] Re St catherines school .

mdavisstockportexpress

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 01:06:59 PM »
I am just enquiring about the closure of St Catherines.
Could any affected parents get in touch with me at the Stockport Express on 0161 475 4823
or email mdavis@menwn.co.uk

cheers
Matt Davis
reporter
stockport express

amazon

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 02:51:13 PM »
st catherines Hollins Lane not longhurst lane .  lack of pupils .