Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: Is this good?  (Read 3304 times)

Mike in Marple

Is this good?
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 11:53:45 AM »
Quote (Rachael @ Aug. 19 2006,15:57)
These people you take offence at are a minority, not the majority, and I never seem to notice you praising anything or anyone within the area we all live when something is right.

Couldn't agree more Rachel.

There are also other ways to put back into, and support, the local community other than Marple Community Council.  Personally, I haven't heard or read of anything the MCC have done recently.

Rachael

Is this good?
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 05:48:35 PM »
I dont think that I am being rude, I am trying to point the positive aspects of where we live.

How would you know what I put into my local community??

Also, these community council meetings, that you obviously feel that you "Put something back" into the community by attending, what do you achieve by attending, what do you gain personaly from them, and what do you do to help the problems and anti social issues of Marple that are discussed at these meetings,  because the way you talk about where we live, it appears nothing! these meetings have no benefit to you!!  After all, you have said, the sooner you leave the better!

alan@marple

Is this good?
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 05:13:10 PM »
It's a great shame, that you and others like you don't support your community, by going to the community council meetings.

and putting something back in..huh, such rudeness!

Rachael

Is this good?
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 03:57:41 PM »
Alan, I think you need to "Chill out"!

I have children who are growing up in Marple, and I think its a great place for children to be brought up.

We have the Cinema, the swimming pool, youth clubs, various sports clubs, lovely canal walks, etc  and all within walking distance of most peoples houses. I think we are luckier than most.

People love Marple, and dedicate their time into making it a nicer place for others (look at some of the people who visit this website, and of course Mark who runs it), sometimes I feel offended by your comments, and Im sure that I am not alone.  These people you take offence at are a minority, not the majority, and I never seem to notice you praising anything or anyone within the area we all live when something is right.

I read you are planning on making your "Escape" from Marple, it may be as well Alan @ Marple, as it seems that no matter how hard people try, you will have something to grumble about.

Find me a place where there is no anti social behaviour, and let us know when you find it, I have a feeling we could be waiting a long time!

Mike in Marple

Is this good?
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 10:23:37 PM »
I can't say i've noticeed any problems to that degree.  I think Marple is a great place, and I'm sure Alan you'll find an element of anti-social behaviour anywhere (which in itself is rather dissappoiting! )

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Is this good?
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 09:37:14 PM »
Blimey Alan, that's pretty drastic. Where are you hoping to go? Is it really that bad where you live to drive you out?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alan@marple

Is this good?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 09:09:20 PM »
No I dont think so mike, but as you say things have gone quiet.

I see the phone box opposite the Ringers has been smashed up.

Some of the youngsters are still, spitting, swearing and boozing.

Lots of ruffians shouting and swearing and making life unpleasant for a lot of people.

I am sick of it all and the sooner I get out of Marple, the better, and I am working on it.

Citizenship....is it still taught in schools, or has it ever?

Mike in Marple

Is this good?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 04:18:56 PM »
Is it just me or is the fact there has been no post in this section for about 3 months a good sign?

Have problems really dissapeared to that degree?