Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Eggs from local farm  (Read 1247 times)

Deniseredmini

Re: Eggs from local farm
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 03:55:31 PM »
There's also a box at the Little Mill Inn.  If there are none in the box there is a number to ring and the farmer tops it up straight away while you wait.  Or she did when we rang.

nbt

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 03:41:29 PM »
Bottom's hall down near Roman Lakes does eggs sometimes
There are a couple of places on Bogguard Road up at the top of Mellor

or you can buy local free range eggs from O'Neal's Grocers in the middle of Marple
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

andrewbowden

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 01:01:45 PM »
There's a couple of places I have seen them, although none of them especially "convenient" in location.  They're just places I remember passing whilst out walking or cycling.

One is Thornsett Fields Farm on Briargrove Road - near the junction with Aspenshaw Road.  This is the road from the top of Mellor to Thornsett.

There's also two between Mill Brow to Shiloh Road - where Hollywood Road and Chatterton Lane meet - One person/farm has a box at that junction.  But go up the lane to Horsepool Farm and they also sell them for 50p a dozen cheaper if I recall  :)

Nwra

Eggs from local farm
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 11:35:47 AM »
Hello. Could anyone recommend somewhere to buy local, free range eggs? I'm sure I've seen lots of signs for free range eggs when I've been out and about but I can't now remember where. We'd like to make this small change and buy free range eggs from a local supplier rather than factory farmed eggs in supermarkets. Thanks!