Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Please God British Broadband ASAP to rescue Marple from Virgin shambles.  (Read 5167 times)

Graham

Re: Please God British Broadband ASAP to rescue Marple from Virgin shambles.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 09:50:19 AM »
"Any recommendations for an internet provider who provides a decent service to Marple? " - PlusNet, since 2011 18 Meg Internet phone and mobile no problems, and call centre located in Sheffield and speak Yorkshire English.

marplerambler

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 06:04:43 PM »
A fat lot of use Ofcom is!! 'If your provider fails to repair a fault by when they say they will or you are unhappy with how long it is taking, you should follow their formal complaints procedure. Details should be available through their website or customer services.' Just one small problem Ofcom - Virgin Media have turned off their email complaint page. Grrrrrrrrrrr!  >:(

marplerambler

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 05:50:17 PM »
I have now made 20 attempts to make a complaint through the Virgin Media 'Make a complaint' page.   20 times the response 'We have found an issue
Please give us a call and remain on this page as one of our friendly agents will ask you for your URL reference. This will help us understand what's gone wrong.' No Virgin, I will not sit at the back of another endless telephone queue. This complaints page is very deliberately turned off!!!!!!! Ofcom next. Once again people of Marple think hard before considering Virgin Media.

marplerambler

Please God British Broadband ASAP to rescue Marple from Virgin shambles.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 04:51:50 PM »
 Letter received from Virgin Media last week to inform us that work was being carried out on Woodville Drive last Wednesday to provide us with 'brilliantly fast and reliable Virgin Media services'. Saturday PM and I have only just been able to reconnect and I very much suspect that was only because my brand new neighbour was having Virgin Media installed. I spent more than three hours on and off the phone to Calcutta yesterday as call centre staff continuously reiterated that there was no problem with the system as the TV, phone and wi-fi  were OK so go away, wait for internet and email to update and be reinstated. the problem was that it never did so they then chose the mantra that  my computer must be faulty. The cable connection to my computer has not worked since they carried out maintenance on the Wednesday (now Saturday afternoon). I was informed that I would be charged for an engineer to  reinstate the cable access which had been lost as a consequence of their works programme (though unsurprisingly no explanation could be given as to how the cable/system system could be faulty if the phone/wifi/television were working). It was no coincidence that the system stopped working when the work began and I wonder if it is a total coincidence that the link was reinstated as Virgin carried out work on the neighbour's property. Any recommendations for an internet provider who provides a decent service to Marple? >:(