Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Linked Events

• Marple Carnival: June 15, 2019

Author Topic: Marple Carnival [Saturday 15 June 2019]  (Read 6045 times)

wheels

Re: Marple Carnival [Saturday 15 June 2019]
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 08:31:02 AM »
Have your umbrella handy on the 3rd Saturday in June then.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 05:31:42 PM »
Please be advised that Stockport M.B.C. has approved an application to close certain roads to vehicular traffic in the centre of Marple on June 15th 2019 to allow the annual Marple Carnival Parade to proceed. These closures will take place from 13.00 hrs to 14.30 hrs on a phased basis.

The roads affected will be:

Strines Road, Stockport Road, Hollins Lane, Hibbert Lane, Buxton Lane, Cross Lane and Station Road. Subsidiary roads that link to these will also be affected whilst the parade progresses along its route.

Oldknow Road will be closed completely from 11.30 hrs to 14.30 hrs.

Marshals will be on duty to assist with traffic management and the emergency services.

Please visit www.marplecarnival.org.uk for further details of the event.

From this thread in April, repeated in May, the Carnival is always on the third Saturday in June, so here is your early warning for Saturday 20 June 2020.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 03:32:53 PM »
Can someone explain to me why the Carnival parade has to stop on Buxton Lane EVERY YEAR and park itself there, crashing and banging and blocking the road, until the entire neighbourhood was thrown into chaos and residents can't get out of their houses? As far as I know, residents were not warned of the chaos to come, before the carnival appeared on its doorstep.

I had an appointment on the Saturday afternoon which I had to cancel because couldn't get my car out of the drive. I also had my cat in hysterics due to the noise and vibrations and that was inside the house - heaven help her if she had been outside. This normally placid animal, who isn't afraid of anything and has been seen to see off a badger and a dog three times her size, vanished and was eventually found squashed behind the floor mounted gas central heating boiler - she refused to come out until nearly 9pm. If the boiler had been on she would have fried.

(And before people start on "in-comers" I was born and brought up in Marple and my parents and grandparents had been in business in Marple since 1926 and I was on the (then) "Chamber of Trade" float in the first modern carnival in the 1960s)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 05:01:45 PM »
A little later than usual but I'm pleased to advise that we now have an album of photos from the 2019 Carnival:

https://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=193

A big thank you to Arthur Procter and Adam Featherston via @Brabyns Prep School for sharing their photos.

It is also worth noting that the Virtual History Tour has individual albums for every carnival going back to 2007 and an album of "Vintage Carnivals" for earlier than that.

https://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/index.php?cat=25

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 09:24:58 AM »
Here are the times for the entertainment throughout the day at Marple Carnival this Saturday 15th June in Marple Memorial Park...

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 06:12:22 AM »
2019 Marple Carnival to close with a BANG!

Artillery Demonstration in Memorial Park 3:45pm on Saturday 15th June 2019

Marple Carnival Committee has been granted permission by Stockport MBC to close the Carnival celebrations with a demonstration firing by a military enthusiasts’ artillery unit, the 69th Field Regiment Display. The demonstration firing will showcase the unit’s 25 pound field gun. Persons of a nervous disposition, and dog owners with their animals, are advised to leave the park prior to the start of the firing display at 3:45pm.

During the demonstration, the Skatepark will be closed and an exclusion zone directly in front of the line of fire will be established for safety reasons.

Organisers apologise for any noise nuisance to Memorial Park users and neighbouring households.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Sharky

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 03:16:14 PM »

Please be advised that Stockport M.B.C. has approved the closure of roads to vehicular traffic in the centre of Marple on June 15th 2019 for the Marple Carnival Parade.

Closures will take place from 13.00 hrs to 14.30 hrs on a phased basis.

Affected roads are:
Strines Road, Stockport Road, Hollins Lane, Hibbert Lane, Buxton Lane, Cross Lane and Station Road. Side roads will also be affected whilst the parade progresses.

Marshals will be on duty to assist the emergency services.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 08:16:15 AM »
Don't forget that there is also a CAR BOOT SALE at MARPLE CARNIVAL on SATURDAY 15th JUNE 2019.

No need to book just turn up £9.00 a Car £12.00 a Van. Trading 8am until 4-30 pm. No entrance fee for buyers. Toilets, food stalls, children’s fun fair and much more

The Carnival Time-Table is:
  • Car boot open from 8am
  • Attractions open from 10am
  • Parade at 1pm
  • Dog show from 2pm
  • Royalty crowning at 2:45pm
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Sharky

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 02:44:31 PM »
Please be advised that Stockport M.B.C. has approved an application to close certain roads to vehicular traffic in the centre of Marple on June 15th 2019 to allow the annual Marple Carnival Parade to proceed. These closures will take place from 13.00 hrs to 14.30 hrs on a phased basis.

The roads affected will be:

Strines Road, Stockport Road, Hollins Lane, Hibbert Lane, Buxton Lane, Cross Lane and Station Road. Subsidiary roads that link to these will also be affected whilst the parade progresses along its route.

Marshals will be on duty to assist with traffic management and the emergency services.

Please visit www.marplecarnival.org.uk for further details of the event.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 07:21:07 AM »
Marple Carnival 2019 is now open for applications to take part!

This year's theme is "Marple Carnival Does the Decades".

Here are links to the application forms:

To take part in the Parade: https://www.marplecarnival.org.uk/the-parade.html

For a stall in the park: https://www.marplecarnival.org.uk/stall-holder-information.html

And to be a Marple Carnival "Royal": https://www.marplecarnival.org.uk/royalty.html

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Sharky

Marple Carnival [Saturday 15 June 2019]
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 09:45:16 PM »

Please be advised that Marple Carnival Committee has submitted an application to Stockport M.B.C. to close roads in the centre of Marple on 15th June, 2019 for the annual Marple Carnival Parade.

Stockport Road, Hibbert Lane, Buxton Lane, Cross Lane and side roads connected to the above will be affected. Closures will be phased and temporary with roads re-opening once the parade has passed. The parade will start at 1 p.m.

Oldknow Road will be closed from 11.30 a.m. until the end of the parade at 2.30 p.m.