Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Linked Events

• Marple Neighbourhood Forum AGM: September 15, 2018

Author Topic: Marple Neighbourhood Plan is out for public consultation  (Read 6091 times)

rsh

Re: Marple Neighbourhood Plan is out for public consultation
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2018, 09:58:05 AM »
Thank you Mark, that’s very interesting!

I’m pleased to see from the cycle draft that they’re really considering people should be able to safely ride bikes on the main routes through Marple, not shunted off to inconvenient back routes like SMBC often think. Quite bold to suggest on-road cycle facilities right up Stockport Road but for the most part it could easily be done. No reason why such a huge amount of trough traffic needs to cut the centre in half.

Good idea to link down to the station too - nice wide pavement on one side already that could be used to climb back uphill. And towpath improvements towards Strines, hurrah!

By contrast, Marple’s routes on the Greater Manchester Beelines draft map were really disappointing - only the hairpin bends of the path behind Marple Hall suggested to actually get in and out, a back route around Norbury Drive that totally avoids the commercial centre and the main route down the middle of the canal locks, which are usually too busy with pedestrians to be a serious cycle route. Glad this draft suggests using Memorial Park and actually going right through the middle of town where people want to actually go.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2018, 07:08:08 AM »
If you do recieve copies could it not go on Marple website

That was always the intent Amazon.

So, here now are maps made available yesterday plus a message that came with them.

Note that apart from the boundary map they are draft, so subject to comments and change.

There are images attached plus pdf links so that people can zoom in for more detail if they wish.

---------------------------

Sorry for the delay in replying. The plan is currently a draft, so the maps are in draft form too.

The maps which we have available are:
  • Neighbourhood Plan Boundary (attached)
  • Draft proposed cycle network (attached)
  • Initial thoughts on town centre (attached) - this is a working draft, so may not appear in the formal consultation version of the plan and will certainly be modified
We will also use maps from a Cheshire Wildlife Study showing ancient woodlands, habitat corridors, etc. This is a large file, so let me know if you would like to see this.

It is also proposed to produce maps showing:
  • Housing proposals
  • Area of development opportunity near the stations and The Hollins
As a group of volunteers our ability to produce mapping is limited, and our local authority have been less than helpful. If the person requesting the mapping has any skills in this direction, then we would be very interested in any help that they could give the Neighbourhood Plan process.

Posted on behalf of Marple Neighbourhood Forum.

PDF Links:

Neighbourhood Plan Boundary

Draft proposed cycle network

Initial thoughts on town centre

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2018, 01:31:38 PM »
I got a response to say they would try to send me copies but they have not done so yet. I will chase them up again.
If you do recieve copies could it not go on Marple website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2018, 10:21:34 AM »
Did you ever get copies of these @admin? My message to the neighbourhood plan email address provided went unanswered. Still interested to see them!

I got a response to say they would try to send me copies but they have not done so yet. I will chase them up again.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

rsh

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 09:40:15 AM »
Hi @rsh, I've requested copies so that they can be shared with people in the community who are interested.

Did you ever get copies of these @admin? My message to the neighbourhood plan email address provided went unanswered. Still interested to see them!

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2018, 10:06:37 AM »
Shame on them. Thanks for exposing them Steve 😆

I'm not sure if it's exposing as I'm one of the four and it's not hidden. I thought it fair to inform accordingly..

Kind regards

Steve

wheels

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2018, 09:20:26 AM »
Shame on them. Thanks for exposing them Steve 😆

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2018, 08:10:50 AM »
Yes that's exactly right. Let those who have a mandate, those who have been elected deal with issues.  Not those unaccountable,  unelected, answerable to nobody individuals who seek to force their views on the rest of us.

Good morning all

Regarding this issue I think it's only right to inform interested people that of the Neighbourhood forum management team, 4 of the 6 Marple North and South Councillors are on this committee (Cllrs Allan, Blair, Macalister and myself).

Kind regards

Steve

wheels

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 06:18:29 PM »
I'll  take that to mean I'm not entitled to a view Howard, that prefer debate to be stifled.

Howard

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 01:26:05 PM »
Yes that's exactly right. Let those who have a mandate, those who have been elected deal with issues.  Not those unaccountable,  unelected, answerable to nobody individuals who seek to force their views on the rest of us.

That sounds exactly like what an ex-councillor who can't leave it alone would say.

wheels

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 11:10:14 AM »
Or in other words, leave everything to our 'betters' in local authorities to destroy Marple, as clearly in your opinion they know better than local people what should be the future of the town.

Condate

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 10:33:23 AM »
Or better still don't do, ignore it and let The Busy Bodies Charter wither and die.

Or in other words, leave everything to our 'betters' in local authorities to destroy Marple, as clearly in your opinion they know better than local people what should be the future of the town.

wheels

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 09:59:19 AM »
Or better still don't do, ignore it and let The Busy Bodies Charter wither and die.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Marple Neighbourhood Forum AGM [15 September 2018]
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 06:18:35 AM »
Don't forget it's the Marple Neighbourhood Forum AGM tomorrow!

The meeting is open to everyone and the Forum is trying to encourage more under-50s to get involved as they develop the Marple Plan. So if you have a passion for Marple and its future please go along.

It's 10am on Saturday 15 September at the United Reformed Church on Hibbert Lane.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 07:45:29 AM »
Today is that last day of consultation on the draft Neighbourhood Plan for Marple:

Read more here: https://www.marple.website/marple-neighbourhood-plan.html

An invitation to Marple Neighbourhood Forum AGM

Marple Neighbourhood Forum will hold their third Annual General Meeting at 10 a.m. on Saturday 15th September at the United Reformed Church on Hibbert Lane. The MNF would very much welcome additional members, particularly from the under-50 age groups, as they finalise plans and policies and begin the process of implementation. Experience of Planning isn't necessary; a passion for the future of Marple is all you need to contribute.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website