A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: NatWest, Marple  (Read 40063 times)

marpleexile

Re: NatWest, Marple
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2016, 06:54:04 AM »
I went to the Natwest today , it was shut, closed all day Wednesday's ! Why ?

Never going to keep everyone happy, but closed on a Wednesday, open reasonable hours on a Saturday is much more useful to many more people than being open on a Wednesday and closed on a Saturday.

amazon

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2016, 07:34:57 PM »
closed wed for few months now open longer sats .

Tillyed1

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2016, 04:09:48 PM »

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 02:45:18 PM »
I think the RBS branch are going to change into a Williams & Glyn?

Yes you can use Nationwide for cheques, regular banking etc
I thought Williams & Glyn was defunct. RBS decided it wasn't viable.

andy+kirsty

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2016, 12:11:15 PM »
We use Nationwide and they have been faultless.

The Marple branch and staff are great as is the website and app which we use the majority of the time.

If anyone fancies switching send me a message and we will both get £100!

Andy

amazon

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 02:17:52 PM »
Not happy with plans for closure of NatWest in Marple.  Has anyone thought of setting up a petition to persuade them to change their minds?  How big a bonus does the NatWest guy get for suggesting its closure?  This is hardly "customer service," and I don't trust online banking.  I like to be dealt with by a person!  Every time I have been in recently there has been a queue of at least three people in front of me.  And there's no easy public transport form Marple to Hazel Grove, so that's putting more cars on the road. Mutter, mutter!   
Whats wrong with RBS they are not closing ,

ringi

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 10:19:08 AM »
Not happy with plans for closure of NatWest in Marple.  Has anyone thought of setting up a petition to persuade them to change their minds?  How big a bonus does the NatWest guy get for suggesting its closure?  This is hardly "customer service," and I don't trust online banking.  I like to be dealt with by a person!  Every time I have been in recently there has been a queue of at least three people in front of me.  And there's no easy public transport form Marple to Hazel Grove, so that's putting more cars on the road. Mutter, mutter!   

The have worked out the customers they make the most profit from and learned that they don't lose these customers if they close a branch.....   The branches are mostly used by customers that are not profitable.

Nick Heath

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 08:50:45 AM »

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 05:55:54 AM »
I don't know anything of Nationwide for business banking Sarah, but another option for you to look into is Santander Business Banking, as they allow you to use the counters at Post Offices for cash deposits and withdrawals. I don't do this myself as I don't need that facility, so I don't know how well it works. However, I am very pleased with Santander business banking as a whole, which is free of charges for me because I have a relatively low level of transactions. I image you would need to look more closely at the charges and compare theirs with Nationwide and the one on the corner of the Hollins - is it Barclays?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Stationery Supplies

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2016, 10:54:57 PM »
Anybody have experience of Nationwide for business banking?
I'm a Natwest customer & need to be able to bank in Marple. It's not practical for me to go to Hazel Grove or Stockport.
Thanks

Enigmawatcher

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2016, 08:46:42 PM »
Been a customer of Nationwide for over 15 years now. The online experience is very good (personal view). The web site is nice and intuitive, there is a card reader for the admin bits of setting up new payments but the APP has come on leaps and bounds over the past year.   I'd happily recommend it but it is a personal choice.

wheels

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 06:29:27 PM »
I'm afraid I'm one of those causing closures like this. I can't remember the last time I went to a bank branch and do everything online.

So my question is to those who sing the Nationwide praises is what's it On line banking like as I might be interested in switching to them?

rsh

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 02:02:47 PM »
New Mills also closes on 3rd July 2017. Its Barclays branch closed last year. Only Lloyds holding on there (I think).

Disley's NatWest closed a few years ago now and remains empty in a prominent spot, so that's all that'd worry me for Marple. We don't really need even this many bank branches these days, but it's finding new uses for the buildings...

Meanwhile I also highly recommend Nationwide for both their Marple branch and their banking practices (and the £100 switch!), if you do need a bank branch. It was a good thing when the old Cheshire Building Society changed to them, the nearest used to be Stockport.

Mr Marple

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2016, 11:31:41 AM »
Just received such info and a lot of people will be angry. Natwest closing their banks causes me to ask if any other bank will follow suit and, if so, how long will it be before Marple gets affected?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 10:03:17 PM »
Not sure why it didn't show, must have had finger trouble, but what I intended to post earlier was:

can you use Nationwide as a bank cheques standing orders etc .

Yes, and if you transfer your current account to Nationwide you get £100 bonus, so could be worth doing if you like to be able to visit a local branch.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website