A M Photo-Graphics

Linked Events

• Windlehurst Rd Traffic Consultation: December 05, 2015

Author Topic: Consultation on Windlehurst Road Traffic [5 December 2015]  (Read 3653 times)

Golfballbazooka

Re: Consultation on Windlehurst Road Traffic [5 December 2015]
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 08:09:35 AM »
I have crashed on the corner after the canal bridge on this road and I'll hold my hands up and say it was totally down to speed. The corner often has cars parked on the inside and it's also off camber, very very easy to loose control on that bend!

I can say for sure that if there was a speed camera on the downhill section after the canal I wouldn't have crashed.

It could really do with one!

simonesaffron

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 04:42:06 PM »
Seem to recall some years ago (about 2001, if my recall is any good) they had regular periods of speed enforcement on Windlehurst Rd.

Most of the people that got themselves "enforced" were actually residents of the Windlehurst Road area. Naturally as you would expect.

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 01:36:28 PM »

amazon

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 01:24:50 PM »
Why don't they go for one of those flashing signs that tells you how fast you're going and does nothing else, like what they've just installed at the top of Church Lane. It's very handy for those with poor eyesight who can't quite read their own speed-o-meters.

Disappointingly it's so far failed to inform me of my speed as I run up the hill.
  If they cant read there there speed o meters do you think they should be driving .

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 08:30:17 AM »
Why don't they go for one of those flashing signs that tells you how fast you're going and does nothing else, like what they've just installed at the top of Church Lane. It's very handy for those with poor eyesight who can't quite read their own speed-o-meters.

Disappointingly it's so far failed to inform me of my speed as I run up the hill.

CllrKennyBlair

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 11:06:24 PM »
The consultation is on the mitigation measures to be implemented in High Lane to mitigate the predicted effect of increased traffic in High Lane. Some of these measures will also help to address the speeding issue.

There has been some enforcement on this road recently, but a permanent speed camera is not at this stage an option. I asked for a report into this by TfGM and the road does not meet the current criteria for a fixed speed camera.

I have to say, the criteria are very reactive and not proactive, so still working on different options.

Howard

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 11:02:21 AM »
If you know, can you elaborate on 'traffic problems' ?

Use this road a lot and not noticed any....

Thanks

Almost definitely speeding. I use it in the evening a few times a week and there are some real idiots. Especially from the section from the canal bridge, past Doodfield and then on towards the junction with Andrew Lane.

A few weeks ago I saw a police officer (not sure if they were a traffic officer of a PCSO) with a radar gun on the roadside but they need to be there all the time or put a couple of speed cameras in.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 09:32:00 AM »

Thanks

The problems as I understand it relate to speeding and also the projected impact of the A6 modications. There is more background in these threads:

http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=6374.0

http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=6254.0

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 08:56:34 AM »

Thanks

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Consultation on Windlehurst Road Traffic [5 December 2015]
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 07:15:12 AM »
HGRA have asked me to advise that there is a consultation on the Traffic Problems along Windlehurst Road at High Lane Village Hall on Saturday 5 December from 10am to 4pm.

This is a second consultation, there was one on 25 November too.

To get in touch with HGRA call Pauline Harrison on 0161 427 1218.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website