A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: Consultation on Traffic Mitigation Measures in High Lane  (Read 3300 times)

Howard

Re: Consultation on Traffic Mitigation Measures in High Lane
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 10:05:03 AM »
Hibbert Lane definitely does have a speeding problem. I walk there regularly and often see boy-racers seriously exceeding the speed limit. The current calming methods do nothing at all to keep the speeds down as you can just drive between them or over the top without feeling the bump.

There are also two historical canal bridges; one by the mill and the other by Windlehurst Old Road. I'm not sure what sort of traffic we're expecting but if there are is an increase in traffic from heavy vehicles, I'd like to know that those bridges can take the weight and size of those vehicles.

mikes

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 09:14:26 AM »
This all focuses on the High Lane end of the route but the traffic doesn't arrive there by helicopter.  It first has to pass down Hibbert Lane.  I have responded to the consultation by requesting weight and size restrictions on Hibbert Lane with "don't follow Sat Nav" signs and the need for traffic calming measures on Hibbert Lane from Buxton Lane all the way down to Stockport Road.  There are many families with children living on Hibbert Lane and the new Morris Homes houses will add more, as well as the children who will continue to walk down Hibbert Lane to the Buxton Lane campus of CAMSFC.  These children are already at risk from speeding vehicles on Hibbert Lane.

Matt_HL

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 07:42:09 PM »
I was just coming on here to post about this - so thank you!

What I will say is we need as many residents to respond to this as possible. Many residents have already said, "Well what do I put?" and it seems Stockport MBC have been very vague on what is possible etc.

However, Bristol City Council have a great website here - www.trafficchoices.co.uk - which might help in terms of thinking through what is needed.

The consultation mentions High Lane, including Windlehurst Road, but I think it is important residents of Hawk Green - particularly those on Hibbert Lane - provide their views. Currently the maps for impacted areas only highlight the lower two thirds of Windlehurst Road when it is clear that commuter traffic will be coming from Marple through Hibbert Lane first of all before coming on to Windlehurst Road.

I think it is also important to say this is not about stopping traffic flow but helping it along whilst making sure pedestrians and the residents of these roads impacted are considered also...

Finally, and I apologise for the shameless plug, but could people 'like' the page of Windlehurst Area Living Streets - a group working hard to ensure the council consult with residents in the area on these issues rather than just do what they want / whats cheapest... the web link for the page is www.facebook.com/lovewindlehurst

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 06:34:26 AM »
Links for the on-line consultations on the A6 Traffic Mitigation Measures are now available:

This link gives an introduction and the background to the measures:

http://www.semmms.info/a6/complementarytrafficmeasures/smbc

There is also a direct link to the consultation here:

http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/SMBC_A6MARR_Mitigation_Consultation/

The closing date for  responses is 31 July.

The traffic modelling shows that traffic is forecast to increase by more than 5% on the following routes in the High Lane and Hazel Grove areas:

The A6 through High Lane;
    Windlehurst Road, High Lane;
    Torkington Road and Threaphurst Lane.

Here's an extract from the map that shows the forecast impact on the areas around Marple:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Consultation on Traffic Mitigation Measures in High Lane
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 05:41:09 AM »
HIGH LANE VILLAGE HALL, Off Windlehurst Road, High Lane, SK6 SAB.

A6 to Manchester Airport Relief Road: Consultation on Traffic Mitigation Measures in High Lane and Hazel Grove

Web Based Consultation from 29th June to 31 st July 2015

DROP IN EXHIBITION at the Village Hall on Wednesday 1st July 3.00-7.30pm.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website