Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Autoden  (Read 24079 times)

Howard

Re: Autoden
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 10:45:40 PM »
Has anyone had any dealings with the egg man?

Is he the egg man, is he the walrus?

Bluezorro

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 10:25:35 PM »
I think the egg man was called Odobenus rosmarus

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2013, 10:47:10 PM »
So no ones used the egg man then.
The egg man? I have a friend who has chickens so I rarely buy eggs in a shop. Do you mean the house on Hibbert Lane which
has a notice outside asking for egg boxes?

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2013, 10:39:15 PM »
Hi Amazon, I'm really not sure why you think Marple is 'heading for a ghost town'? 3 shops does not make a ghost town!
Consider all the shops that have opened in the last year or so & are doing well:
The Zipyard, Claudio's, La Petite Maison, The Linen Room, the electricians on Stockport Road. There is a mobile phone shop just opened on Derby Way & I've heard that 'The Attic' has finally been sold & will be a shop. There is work being carried out in 'Mulligans' & it's looking very smart.
Have you been in Marple on weekdays? Tried to get a table in All Things Nice? Queued at either of the butchers? Or even been in my shop? Marple is far from quiet!
In fact we are busier than we've ever been!
It would be really nice to hear good things about Marple shops rather than negative for a change!
Quite right, Stationery Supplies.

Many of the shops which have closed in recent years have done so because the proprietors fell ill, died or retired. Other businesses folded because the proprietors didn't know what they were doing and in some cases didn't do their homework properly beforehand. And as for the dress agency mentioned by Amazon, when they featured second-hand products in their window at twice the price they cost new, one has to wonder what they thought they were doing. 

If Marple is "dead" during the day why is it frequently difficult to find a parking place?

"All Things Nice" is moving to bigger premises - they wouldn't be doing that if the footfall in Marple was as poor as Amazon thinks it is. You can buy practically anything you need in Marple from a car to a bar of chocolate. And as for supermarkets, I recently traipsed round Tesco (Glossop), Morrisons (Hyde), Aldi (Hazel Grove) and Sainsbury's (Stepping Hill) in a fruitless search for a rather exotic foodstuff that I eventually found in the health food shop in Marple (and the price was reasonable too)! We have doctors, dentists, chiropodists, more hairdressers and beauticians than you can shake a stick at and you could drown an elephant in the volume of coffee sold on an average day.

And don't knock the charity shops. I'm clearing two houses at the moment and I'd be lost without the one near the Co-op which is the only one I can park outside. 

Bluezorro

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2013, 10:23:02 PM »
So no ones used the egg man then.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 09:49:42 PM »
That is entirely up to them, they seem to do pretty well and Butchers always used to close early on a Saturday in the same way fishmongers do. Usually on account of them being up at 3 a.m. to purchase fresh stock. Fresh meat & fish is something alien to cling filmed, dipped in blood rubbish from supermarkets,
Butchers in Marple (and other places) have always closed on Mondays due to (historically) slaughterhouses being closed on Sundays and with Monday being Eat-Up-The-Sunday-Joint-Left-Overs Day and most house-wives being too busy with the washing on Monday.

In this day and age it isn't beyond the wit of man to buy enough meat when the butcher IS open and put it in the 'fridge!

There used to be a by-law in Marple which said that certain shops had to close on Monday - Hairdressing establishments were one such, perhaps butchers were too.

JMC

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 12:57:43 PM »
So where do you shop .

I have the same views about Supermarkets as you so do my main shop online at tesco/sainsburys etc. Top up at Iceland. Use local Marple shops for lots; Hollins (when have to), stationary (find it great and cheaper than supermarkets-better choice), pound plus, Thornton's card shop, Boots, Pet Shop, hairdressers, barbers (kids not me!), Superdrug, Coop (when i have to), Art Shop, American Sweetshop, Uniform shop, Gregs, Costa, Portobello, charity shops, M&Co (when sales are on), Health food shop (occasionally), Coop garage (night time).

amazon

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 09:03:16 PM »
It's quite a depressing read when Marple residents are attacking the small businesses that are keeping the price of their houses up. Don't bite the hand that feeds you or you really will end up with a ghost town. I always use our shops on my day off and if you bothered to try them out rather than hide behind your keyboard, you would find that there are some fantastic offerings locally. We need to build a community rather than be so negative to destroy it.

Thank you for your comment re keyboard .i shop in marple most days .my gripe with Marple is we don't have a alternative supermarket .we have to go to the Coop .there is to many charity shops cafés .iuse the marple website a lot because it's a dam good way of trying to get my message across .that Marple is going to struggle
Without something different . The new aldi at oferton is not going to help I know everybody is not a aldi fan but people from that area will now shop there and possibly not come into Marple .I'm sorry if I getup peoples noses but I don't want to see marple die
I've lived hear to long ..

amazon

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2013, 05:11:41 PM »
There is a new photo shop near the Goyt Chippy.

http://www.tjcanvas.co.uk/

I used them and got my order very quick. They are a very fair price, hope they do well and stay around.

I use lots of the local shops mentioned. It's great when you see lots of people shopping/enjoying being in Marple such as the food and drink festival.

So where do you shop .

JMC

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 04:08:36 PM »
There is a new photo shop near the Goyt Chippy.

http://www.tjcanvas.co.uk/

I used them and got my order very quick. They are a very fair price, hope they do well and stay around.

I use lots of the local shops mentioned. It's great when you see lots of people shopping/enjoying being in Marple such as the food and drink festival.

Bluezorro

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 09:13:01 PM »
Come on everybody!!!!!

Join in and post.

Bluezorro

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 07:34:52 AM »
Mr z is a fan of the marple fish shop.

Has anyone had any dealings with the egg man?

amazon

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 07:28:30 PM »
What sort of shop do you think Stationery Supplies will be Amazon? (great minds eh! )

One to you mark .

Stationery Supplies

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 07:23:46 PM »
That's good to hear Amazon! Please introduce yourself next time you're in my shop. It would be nice to put a face to your name :)

amazon

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 07:20:36 PM »
What sort of shop do you think Stationery Supplies will be Amazon? (great minds eh! )

Thank you I do use your shop .