Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Strange Noise  (Read 2207 times)

Osdog

Re: Strange Noise
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 02:53:40 PM »
Thank you

amazon

Re: Strange Noise
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 02:45:29 PM »
I was woken up last night at about 2am - there was what sounded like an aircraft circling overhead - I could hear the whine of jets - looking out the window, there was nothing to be seen - but the noise continued will well after 3am.  Really was quite noisy.

Half wondered if it was the police helicopter - the new one that could sound similar.

Anyway, did anyone else hear it, and if so - do you know what it was?  I've heard it before but not for a long time, just found it unusual as it went on for so long.  

This was in Marple Bridge by the way

Yes there were two helicopters around .mostly marple way .

Osdog

Strange Noise
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 07:16:52 AM »
I was woken up last night at about 2am - there was what sounded like an aircraft circling overhead - I could hear the whine of jets - looking out the window, there was nothing to be seen - but the noise continued will well after 3am.  Really was quite noisy.

Half wondered if it was the police helicopter - the new one that could sound similar.

Anyway, did anyone else hear it, and if so - do you know what it was?  I've heard it before but not for a long time, just found it unusual as it went on for so long.  

This was in Marple Bridge by the way