Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: Pineapple pub  (Read 15519 times)

richard

Re: Pineapple pub
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 12:29:51 PM »
It would make a good restaurant,cafe , deli if on the rather large side. maybe even a good late store to replace the very dubious one on Church lane

wheels

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 12:10:38 PM »
I am with you Blue a Sainsburys Local is just wants needed there. We have plenty of pubs the loss of a few is no problem.

Duke the problems the Norfolk Arms faced were entirely of their own making.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 11:49:34 AM »
Robinson's brewery seems more interested in charging pub landlords huge rents these days than selling beer to its customers. I doubt very much if the pub will close

Well interestingly the Pine doesn't yet feature on the Robinson's "Pub Finder" (although the Hatters does).

But I also can't find anything about the property being for sale yet.

Keep your eyes peeled for info folks!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

simonesaffron

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 11:22:59 AM »
There's very little money in being a pub landlord these days especially in a tied house where you have to buy everything from where you're told to.

Robinson's brewery seems more interested in charging pub landlords huge rents these days than selling beer to its customers. I doubt very much if the pub will close. There is always somebody else that thinks that they can make a go of it and even if you only last 12 months which seems to be the average life of a pub landlord these days then the brewery will let you take it on as long as you pay them their rent.   

Bluezorro

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 08:58:31 AM »
It would make a lovely morrisons or tesco express.
Got parking.
Tesco did a similar conversion on a pub off manchester road in heaton chapel.

Duke Fame

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 08:17:19 AM »
I heard talk about this while out on Friday but didn't realise it was quite so soon.

The rumour is/was that Robbies are giving up on it completely. There was speculation about how well it might do as a free house selling some alternative (to Robbies) real ales.

How many pubs have you sat in and said "I wish we could move this pub to Marple" - is this an opportunity for someone?

Probably just pub-talk!

I hope there is a will to take it on but as we have seen at the Norfolkn Arms, there is always a NIMBYism about independent people investing time and money into starting a new business. Thankfully, the Nofolk Arms looks like it's got over the problem but the obstacles thrown in their was would have stopped a less determined enterprising couple.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 06:13:00 AM »
I heard talk about this while out on Friday but didn't realise it was quite so soon.

The rumour is/was that Robbies are giving up on it completely. There was speculation about how well it might do as a free house selling some alternative (to Robbies) real ales.

How many pubs have you sat in and said "I wish we could move this pub to Marple" - is this an opportunity for someone?

Probably just pub-talk!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Harry

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 08:57:14 PM »
The final time? Is it not for sale or seeking a new manager?

red666bear

Pineapple pub
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 07:53:11 PM »
Sad to see the Pineapple closing its doors for the final time this Sunday.
Memories anyone?