A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: The Cherry Tree Café  (Read 9125 times)

alan@marple

Re: The Cherry Tree Café
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 12:40:18 PM »
I am concerned about "dangerous talk" on this subject.

I am confused by"Howard it was a joke", what was?

I have an indirect interest in the Cherry Tree Cafe and have no intention of causing stress or alarm to the proprietors, but can somebody give a clear and unambiguous opinion about the current ownership or management.

the rover

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 11:00:46 AM »
Do you think rumours of an Asda coming to Marple might have caused them to close???????

Nothing to do with it.

The problem with shops in that area is that there is no passing trade and no parking. You have to be a destination retailer to be there, such as the tattoo parlour, the fireplace shop etc.

Howard, it was a joke. I live in that area and every time some new shop opens around that area my wife and I have a little bet on how many months they will remain open.

One of my daughters went in Grannies Sweet shop for the first and last time  last weekend and bought some chocolate, she said it tasted funny and threw it away.

Howard

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 10:53:55 AM »
Do you think rumours of an Asda coming to Marple might have caused them to close???????

Nothing to do with it.

The problem with shops in that area is that there is no passing trade and no parking. You have to be a destination retailer to be there, such as the tattoo parlour, the fireplace shop etc.

the rover

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 09:57:24 AM »

amazon

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 09:06:57 PM »
It's closed! (not surprised). Some fool is using the same premises to open a new cafe! (not surprised)

Bankrupt shop now empty as well passed by today .

marveld

The Cherry Tree Café
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 08:51:32 PM »
It's closed! (not surprised). Some fool is using the same premises to open a new café! (not surprised)