Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Linked Events

• Chadwick St. Dev. Consultation: October 19, 2012 - October 20, 2012

Author Topic: Chadwick Street / Trinity Street Development Announced  (Read 193311 times)

wheels

Re: Chadwick Street / Trinity Street Development Announced
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2012, 01:11:42 PM »
The referenced http://www.marpletowncentrestore.co.uk/ isn't live yet, says "under construction", as I'd hoped to find out from there where the new sorting office will be.  Marple Area Committee minutes earlier this year noted http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=138 "A requirement of any development proposal will be to retain parking provision to serve the district centre, public realm improvements and the relocation of the Royal Mail sorting office."

I guess the reference to "high quality food retailer" in the booklet doesn't necessarily rule out LIDL / ALDI.

Well certainly in Germany Aldi would be regarded as a quality retailer and they regularly beat larger retailer including Waitrose in terms of their fruit and veg quality.

sgk

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2012, 12:48:03 PM »
The referenced http://www.marpletowncentrestore.co.uk/ isn't live yet, says "under construction", as I'd hoped to find out from there where the new sorting office will be.  Marple Area Committee minutes earlier this year noted http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=138 "A requirement of any development proposal will be to retain parking provision to serve the district centre, public realm improvements and the relocation of the Royal Mail sorting office."

I guess the reference to "high quality food retailer" in the booklet doesn't necessarily rule out LIDL / ALDI.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2012, 11:10:42 AM »
Here's a copy of a booklet being distributed by Kirkland Developments about the proposals for Chadwick Street.

They are shown at 600 pixels wide below but if you click the links underneath you will see 1000 pixel wide versions.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2012, 10:19:05 AM »
Latest news on the new plans for Chadwick Street is that there will be a public consultation in Marple Library on Friday 19th October- 2pm to 7pm and Saturday 20th October 11am to 3pm.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alstan

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 08:00:45 PM »
I am puzzled by the position of MIA in relation to this proposal. They say “Marple in Action was formed to fight the proposal for a supermarket on Hibbert Lane and as such, does not position for or against a development on Chadwick Street”.

It has previously been stated that “MIA would welcome a new supermarket within the district centre of Marple to provide competition for the Co-op and choice for local residents. This would bring more people into Marple which can only be seen as a good thing for the community and local businesses. The issue with Hibbert Lane is that it is not within the retail zone, as laid down by the council and is just far enough away from the centre to draw shoppers away from other shops"

They would welcome a supermarket within the district centre but, for some reason, cannot bring themselves to welcome a supermarket in Chadwick Street? It can’t be for fear of losing some support from the residents of Chadwick Street, Church Street, etc, etc,, can it?

the rover

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2012, 04:15:46 PM »
Move it to Hibbert Lane, I hear there will be some empty land soon!

gazwhite

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 03:21:32 PM »
With regard to where the sorting office will be locating to, that is up to Royal Mail but I have heard that they are looking for some where local and have looked at using some redundant warehouse space at the co-op.

use the firestation.... move that somewhere better....

Duke Fame

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2012, 02:40:55 PM »
a great way to incorporate a larger supermarket alternative whilst complimenting the existing shopping area.

Ooh, you are a lovely shopping area.....  ;)

What's a vowel between foes

wheels

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2012, 01:20:47 PM »
Let's not forget these are not plans just's artist's impressions to enable Kirkland to attract a developer and more than likely will have no relationship to the plans that that developer eventually puts in.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Kirkland Developments were the developer. I'm thinking that the plan is for Kirkland to obtain planning permission and build a supermarket, and then sell or let to a retailer. In which case these artists impressions will form part of the planning proposal.

No that is not the case Harry, Kirkland are first of all looking for a store to work with before a if they can not attract one the site remains as it is.

amazon

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 11:55:14 AM »
With regard to where the sorting office will be locating to, that is up to Royal Mail but I have heard that they are looking for some where local and have looked at using some redundant warehouse space at the co-op.
Then that would cause problems with houses near by early mornings noise they already complain about the coop that's why there's no early morning deliveries .before seven .

Dave

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 11:33:59 AM »
a great way to incorporate a larger supermarket alternative whilst complimenting the existing shopping area.

Ooh, you are a lovely shopping area.....  ;)

Duke Fame

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 11:11:41 AM »

I'm aware that the college have some space they would like to utilise. ;-)

In reality, the artists impression looks a great way to incorporate a larger supermarket alternative whilst complimenting the existing shopping area.

Victor M

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »

wheels

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2012, 04:09:39 PM »
Some questions:
(1) How much is Stockport MBC selling this site for?

(2) Is Stockport MBC going to be assessing the planning application as well as getting money for the site?

(3) Which supermarket retailer is Kirkland Developments proposing to install there? (I don't believe it will be a speculative purchase in the expectation of subsequently attracting a tenant).

(4) What are the access routes for (i) construction; (ii) supermarket deliveries?

(5) Where is the Sorting Office going?

(6) What is the timescale for this development?

How much the site is going for is clearly commercially sensitive information and neither you nor I have any right to know it,why ask the question at all.

Of course Stockport will be the planning authority if an application comes forward that is always the case why ask the question implying there is something sinister about it.

I would be amazed if Kirkland as yet had a developer in mind that's not how the industry works.

I am not sure I care where the sorting office goes if we see the sort of town centre improvement which the sale to Kirkland might bring.

But please don't couch your questions in such a way as to imply that our local authority has in some way acted improperly.

hollins

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 02:47:37 PM »
Some questions:
(1) How much is Stockport MBC selling this site for?

(2) Is Stockport MBC going to be assessing the planning application as well as getting money for the site?

(3) Which supermarket retailer is Kirkland Developments proposing to install there? (I don't believe it will be a speculative purchase in the expectation of subsequently attracting a tenant).

(4) What are the access routes for (i) construction; (ii) supermarket deliveries?

(5) Where is the Sorting Office going?

(6) What is the timescale for this development?