A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Scrap metal merchant Railway Road, Rose Hill  (Read 21534 times)

Heritage

Re: Scrap metal merchant Railway Road, Rose Hill
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 02:55:17 PM »
Might have been the scrap metal bloke  8)

simonesaffron

Re: Scrap metal merchant Railway Road, Rose Hill
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 09:43:16 PM »
Hi

Just wondered if anyone knows who owns the car park on Railway Road adjacent to the start of the Middlewood Way?  (Not the station car park!)

A scrap metal merchant seems to be regularly using the car park, particularly at weekends, taking up 4 or 5 spaces that could (should?) be for the use of visitors to the Middlewood Way, allotments etc.  Clearly attracted by the site's proximity to Rose Hill tip. 

When I raised this with Stockport MBC they told me it's not their property so they are unable to enforce parking byelaws.  The site has only recently (last 2-3 years?) been much improved - resurfaced, kerbed and lines painted; I wonder who paid for this work if it's not a Council facility?

Steve

Hello Steve,

I think that it might have been Greater Manchester Waste Disposal Authority. Just to be sure why don't you ask your local Councillor ?

shartley

Scrap metal merchant Railway Road, Rose Hill
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:21:07 PM »
Hi

Just wondered if anyone knows who owns the car park on Railway Road adjacent to the start of the Middlewood Way?  (Not the station car park!)

A scrap metal merchant seems to be regularly using the car park, particularly at weekends, taking up 4 or 5 spaces that could (should?) be for the use of visitors to the Middlewood Way, allotments etc.  Clearly attracted by the site's proximity to Rose Hill tip. 

When I raised this with Stockport MBC they told me it's not their property so they are unable to enforce parking byelaws.  The site has only recently (last 2-3 years?) been much improved - resurfaced, kerbed and lines painted; I wonder who paid for this work if it's not a Council facility?

Steve