To advertise on this site

Author Topic: This question is relevant to the issue in hand.  (Read 3867 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: This question is relevant to the issue in hand.
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 01:51:52 AM »
The contact for Stockport East Area Bridleways Association is Peter Edwards (Chairman of SEABA) who has been in touch to say that you can contact him on (0161) 430 8582.
Thanks Mark. I'll get in touch with him.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 01:50:20 AM »
I'm sorry I don't know anything about this, Henrietta, but, as a resident of Buxton Lane, it sounds interesting. Are you saying that there may be some legal restrictions upon developments in the area because of the history of the road?
Well, no, but it did occur to me that if it is a bridleway it could be a little more grist to the mill of the "No" Campaign as the inevitable increase in traffic on Buxton Lane (including big wagons servicing the putative supermarket) would constitute a danger to horse riders some of whom are children.

On its own quite trivial but lots of little feathers make a big duvet.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 08:11:54 PM »
For reasons I don't want to waste time going into at this point but which are relevant to the Hibbert Lane issue I have a question which someone on here may be able to answer.

We moved onto Buxton Lane in the late 1960s and at the time my Father (an "old" Marple resident since 1926) told me that Buxton Lane was part of a bridle way which continued down past the Buxton Lane/Cross Lane junction, down Wood Lane, across the railway line and down through the Donkey Wood.

Does anyone know whether this is/was correct?

This only occurred to me today while I was at the rally and I've been unable to find a phone number or email address for the Stockport East Area Bridleways Association. I know I will be able to check up on this when I find out where the definitive maps are kept now that Marple Council Offices are closed to the public but if anyone has any info on this question it would help.

The contact for Stockport East Area Bridleways Association is Peter Edwards (Chairman of SEABA) who has been in touch to say that you can contact him on (0161) 430 8582.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

bhowlett

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 01:59:14 PM »
I'm sorry I don't know anything about this, Henrietta, but, as a resident of Buxton Lane, it sounds interesting. Are you saying that there may be some legal restrictions upon developments in the area because of the history of the road?

My login is Henrietta

This question is relevant to the issue in hand.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 11:39:20 PM »
For reasons I don't want to waste time going into at this point but which are relevant to the Hibbert Lane issue I have a question which someone on here may be able to answer.

We moved onto Buxton Lane in the late 1960s and at the time my Father (an "old" Marple resident since 1926) told me that Buxton Lane was part of a bridle way which continued down past the Buxton Lane/Cross Lane junction, down Wood Lane, across the railway line and down through the Donkey Wood.

Does anyone know whether this is/was correct?

This only occurred to me today while I was at the rally and I've been unable to find a phone number or email address for the Stockport East Area Bridleways Association. I know I will be able to check up on this when I find out where the definitive maps are kept now that Marple Council Offices are closed to the public but if anyone has any info on this question it would help.