Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Mrs Sokill's Memories of Marple Sound Recording  (Read 2577 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Mrs Sokill's Memories of Marple Sound Recording
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 01:39:53 PM »
I have had one visitor report that the recording was very quiet for them, even with their speakers turned to full volume, so I have replaced the file with a new one with the sound cranked up. This has resolved that particular visitor's issue.

If anyone else had this problem then it should now be cured for you too.

Please do let me know if there are any other technical issues with listening to the recording.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Mrs Sokill's Memories of Marple Sound Recording
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 10:22:40 AM »
The latest addition to the Heritage pages on the main site this morning is a sound recording of Mrs F W Sokill, who came to Marple in 1928, chatting to her daughter about her memories. This is a new format for the Marple Website and I hope it is something that we will be able to do more of. All of the hard work was done by local photographer Arthur Procter, who videoed and recorded the chat.  

It is currently featured as a latest link on the home page at: www.marple-uk.com/Marple.htm

It can also be found using the heritage stories link: www.marple-uk.com/heritage

I would welcome more contributions like this to the Heritage pages and if you have an interesting story to tell (written or oral) please get in touch.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website