Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Marple Hall Tapestries in Colour!  (Read 3026 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Marple Hall Tapestries in Colour!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 03:24:06 PM »
I'm pleased to report that the Art Institute of Chicago have reconsidered my application to use their photographs of the Marple Hall Tapestries on the web site and in the Virtual Tour. We now have some good size copies in the Tour - just click on the normal size pictures for a larger view. The article on the main site has been amended to reflect their change of heart.

Marple Hall section on the main site: www.marple-uk.com/marplehall

Marple Hall Gallery on the Virtual Tour: http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=7&page=2
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Marple Hall Tapestries in Colour!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 10:01:45 AM »
The Marple Hall history section of the main site has been updated with an article about the tapestries that once hung in the Drawing Room there and were sold at the auction in 1929.

This article has been nearly four years in development but, as explained in the introduction, it hasn't worked out quite how I planned. As the Art Institute of Chicago want to charge a non-profit making community web site £385 to use their photographs I have been unable to include the colour photos I wanted to and have had to make do with links to their site.

Despite my disappointment with this I hope the history buffs amongst you will be interested to learn more about these fantastic treasures that once resided in little old Marple and to see the coloured images from the Art Institute's web site.

Go to the main site and follow the links: www.marple-uk.com/Marple.htm

Or go direct to the Marple Hall section: www.marple-uk.com/marplehall

I would be interested to know your thoughts on the cutting of the tapestry round the fireplace. I think it was a terrible thing to do but quite like the fact that Marple Hall has left it's mark on what it pretty much a priceless work of art now.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website