Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: Walks Around Marple  (Read 5764 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Walks Around Marple
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 05:17:19 PM »
The new pdf version of the Marple Dale walk is now available on the updated page.

www.marple-uk.com/walks
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 04:18:41 PM »
I hope it won't be another 12 months before the next one, and they will all be updated in due course.

The second of Gordon Mills' Walks Around Marple - No. 1 Marple Dale - has now been updated on the main site with lots of better pictures. The text has also been brought up-to-date for 2011 and a Google pedometer map set up that allows you to zoom in on the route and print maps or satellite views. I still need to do the pdf version but hopefully will manage to beat my own 12 month deadline!

Thanks are again due to David Burridge for updating the text.

To see the new version visit the main site, or www.marple-uk.com/walks
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 07:05:29 PM »
Can't believe that more than a year has gone by since the last post below!

At last the first of Gordon Mills' Walks Around Marple - No. 2 Roman Bridge and Lakes - has been been fully updated on the main site. You can now download a pdf version of the guide with text brought up-to-date for 2010 and visit a Google pedometer map that allows you to zoom in on the route and print maps or satellite views. In addition I've updated the on-line version with more and larger pictures - it's interesting to compare the advance in digital photography since 1998 (check out the other 5 walks) when I first put the walks on-line. And of course most of us now have broadband to allow us to access them at reasonable speed too.

Thanks are due to David Burridge for updating the text.

To check out the new version visit the main site, or www.marple-uk.com/walks

To download the printable guide go to www.marple-uk.com/walks/roman_lakes.pdf

I hope it won't be another 12 months before the next one, and they will all be updated in due course.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Walks Around Marple
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 11:11:18 AM »
We have recently been working in partnership with Marple Local History Society to produce an addendum to Gordon Mills' Walks Around Marple guides. Gordon's guides have been featured on the web site since 1998 and now that the addendum is complete we will continue working with the Society on the longer process of updating the individual guides themselves.

See the pages on the main site to learn more about this: www.marple-uk.com/walks

To download a copy of the addendum use this link: www.marple-uk.com/walks/addendum.pdf

The addendum has been written by David Burridge of Marple Local History Society. The layout has been designed by The Marple Website and 500 copies have been printed for free distribution with the orginal guides. The printing costs have been funded by our Marple Promotions activities in memory of Gordon and his fantastic contributions to Marple life.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website