Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Linking Events to the Calendar  (Read 12545 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Linking Events to the Calendar
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 01:39:16 PM »
A picture's worth a 1,000 words?
Thanks, sweetie. I'd sorted it. I think I was having a thick moment.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 01:37:34 PM »
Mark, I'm a member of the committee of Marple Ladies Luncheon Club and have posted a topic about our Christmas "Do" on December 2nd but I couldn't find the "Link to calendar" button so it's just floating on the wind. Help, please.

Henri.
'S OK, I've cracked it now. Ignore previous post.
Henri

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 01:36:15 PM »
A picture's worth a 1,000 words?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 01:30:36 PM »
When posting events with specific dates to the Events section can you please link them to the calendar. You should be able to do this by making the post and then clicking the "Link to Calendar" button on the red bar near to the bottom of the page. You can link multiple calendar entries to one post.

Alternatively you should be able to post directly to the calendar and the event details should appear in the Events Section.

If you can't do this or have any trouble then let me know by posting a reply to this topic and I will investigate.
Mark, I'm a member of the committee of Marple Ladies Luncheon Club and have posted a topic about our Christmas "Do" on December 2nd but I couldn't find the "Link to calendar" button so it's just floating on the wind. Help, please.

Henri.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 07:32:09 AM »
It would be helpful when posting details of multi-day events if they can be entered to the calendar properly by the originators please. This would save me a lot of house keeping time.

To link multiple events to one posting, simply click the "Link to Calendar" button again and add the next event details.

If an event spans several days, then you can cover this by entering the first date and the number of days it runs for. There is a maximum of 25 days but if it runs for longer you can add a second event that runs for up to another 25 days.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alison

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 10:07:17 PM »
Cheers Mark - that makes sense

:)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 08:53:44 PM »
You suspected right Alison, you can only link your own posts to the calendar I'm afraid.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alison

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 08:43:32 PM »
Quick Question Mark

Is it just the original poster that can link messages or anyone? I tried to link a post earlier that wasn't linked and got an error message, but I suspect it was because I did not create it

Alison

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Linking Events to the Calendar
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 10:36:59 PM »
When posting events with specific dates to the Events section can you please link them to the calendar. You should be able to do this by making the post and then clicking the "Link to Calendar" button on the red bar near to the bottom of the page. You can link multiple calendar entries to one post.

Alternatively you should be able to post directly to the calendar and the event details should appear in the Events Section.

If you can't do this or have any trouble then let me know by posting a reply to this topic and I will investigate.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website