To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Marple 10k 'Trail' Run  (Read 15218 times)

andy ross

Re: Marple 10k 'Trail' Run [Sat 13th September]
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 08:50:13 PM »
hi BTW,

Mark Whittaker has some photos he'll be posting soon on the virtual tour. i've sent him the race times to post so it's in his hands.

regards

andy

wetherlam

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 08:37:19 PM »
Hi,
Any idea when the results or the pics will be posted on the site?
Cheers.

Great race BTW :)

Howard

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 04:55:22 PM »
I have to say, I really enjoyed the run. Good marshalling and very well organised. The field on the way up to the canal was unbelievably muddy and my running shoes will never recover! However, mud aside, it's a definite for next year. Looking forward to the pictures.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 07:48:39 AM »
Hi Andy, if you can type then up and send in as a word doc then yes, no problem.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

andy ross

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 09:30:42 PM »
Hi Mark any chance of the results being posted online??

regards 

andy

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 07:28:39 PM »
We have been sent several photos taken during the Marple 10k and will be adding them to the Virtual Tour in the near future. If anyone else has photos they'd like to share of this event then it would be great to add them at the same time.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

andy ross

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 10:31:31 PM »
Our thanks to all who competed/supported the Marple 10k this year. It was a great event and superceded the problems of last year(more marshalls). Our  apologies to the 'day entries' this year with the hiccup. PLEASE don't let this deter you from racing next year and hopefully we'll resolve this.. This is an event which is getting bigger and better every year and it's only the 2nd year of running. We are learning all the time (every day's a school day!) and listen to your feedback. Any problems/suggestions please contact us on rossac@manchesterfire.gov.uk This is an event for local people that we hope will grow year on year with YOUR support. Our thanks to the Fire Station personnel at Marple and their friends and  families, the scouts and to Pete and Sue  from the 'ringers'. A great event. Please support/run in the 'firkin challenge' next spring. (it's tough) otherwise good running see you next year 
Ta  Andy Ross Rob Gall Tom McCracken ;D

andy ross

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 09:09:31 PM »
Hi All,
The 10k race is now full. I'd like to thank all who have entered especially the people of Marple who it was intentionally aimed at.We've had a great response I hope the weather is the same as last year.

thanks

Andy Ross

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 07:03:15 PM »
I understand that the 10k event is now completely full and cannot accept any more entries, so it should be a great turnout!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

rpreece

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 02:20:04 PM »
Sounds great - any chance of a childrens <16 entry price or a family price.
RP

Peter

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 10:32:16 AM »
Oooops!!! Well what do you know? I've always believed it to be the 'up the A6 route' even last year! Makes much more sense going up to Midllewood station. Sorry to have misled you with my ignorance!

Howard

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 09:08:45 PM »
Well, I bit the bullet and have entered and I got my information pack back today.

Pete, you have the route wrong. You don't turn left up the A6 and left again at the Bull's Head. You continue under the A6 to the Middlewood railway station and then turn left, up to the canal and then back to the Ringers. I ran "your" route the other day just to check what I should put down for my estimated time in and I've ended up in group A! I reckon it'll take me an extra 5-8 mins

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Marple 10k 'Trail' Run
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 08:44:19 PM »
The organisers have asked me to add that entries on the Day will be accepted and will qualify for a free drink but free sandwiches will not be available as these need to be ordered in advance of the event, so it's best to enter early. The entry form has been amended to include a note about this plus details of the starting point at the entrance to the Middlewood Way, near to Rose Hill Tip.

see: www.marple-uk.com/10k
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Peter

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 01:00:21 AM »
Most certainly!!!!

stockport road

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 09:28:50 PM »
Me and the Mrs will be there . Cheers

Can i bring the dog ?