A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: The Virtual Time Tour of Marple  (Read 241591 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: The Virtual Time Tour of Marple
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2008, 06:46:38 AM »
A few more pictures taken at the Iron Bridge by Arthur Procter on Friday have been added to the tour this morning. Apologies that we are rather focused on the bridge at the moment - we do have some more old pictures to add too and normal service will be resumed as soon as we can!

Follow this link to see them: http://www.visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2008, 11:47:54 AM »
Six pictures of the iron bridge taken this morning have been uploaded to the Virtual Tour. The bridge will be open to the public around 6pm this evening.

Follow this link to see them: http://www.visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2008, 12:31:27 PM »
Another half a dozen pictures of the iron bridge restoration have been uploaded to the Virtual Tour today, along with a newly acquired picture of the bridge taken in 1963. Follow this link to see them: http://www.visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2008, 06:43:01 AM »
Another dozen pictures of the iron bridge restoration have been uploaded to the Virtual Tour this morning. These include the installation of the decking plates and reapirs to the wing walls and railings  Follow this link to see them: http://www.visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2008, 01:50:44 PM »
A brand new album has been uploaded to the 'People' section of the Virtual Tour this afternoon. It features 52 photos of Marple's Firefighters since the 1940, when our Peter was just a lad, up to the late 1990s Follow this link to see them: http://www.visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2008, 09:21:24 PM »
A dozen pictures of the second steel hollow box section beam being installed at the Iron Bridge earlier today have been uploaded to the Virtual Tour this evening.  Follow this link to see them: http://www.visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alison

« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2008, 07:46:04 PM »
Some of those 'bird's eye' views are reproduced in a book that is being sold at the moment called 'Stockport from the Air'  - I bought a copy at the weekend and its really interesting, its mixes old photos and up to date photos and is good quality. There is a temporary shop opposite the Peel Centre selling the books, and I think you can get them online too.

Just to point out - I have nothing to do with the people that produced the book - I just thought its was a really interesting book to own (even though both mine and my parents houses are just off the photos!)

Howard

« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2008, 06:55:36 PM »
plus a series of shots of Marple from the air. The latter can each be clicked on to reveal a larger than normal image but if only we had even higher resolution versions of these!

I've definitely seen bigger versions of those "Marple from the Air" images. I remember seeing them at an exhibition, sometime in the last four to five years, though I can't remember where.

I do like them though, I can see my house! It must have been really quiet then...

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2008, 05:38:55 PM »
Continuing to catch up, twelve new photos have been added to the Tour this afternoon. These include a 1950s Boys Brigade trip to Blackpool, a shot of the Stag and Pheasant pub on an incredibly narrow Bunker Hill in 1908, plus a series of shots of Marple from the air. The latter can each be clicked on to reveal a larger than normal image but if only we had even higher resolution versions of these! There are also three canal shots featuring boathouses courtesy of the Basil Juda collection.

Follow this link to go direct to the latest additions: http://www.visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2008, 03:35:20 PM »
Getting back to normal, now that the forum is sorted out, nine new pictures from the Iron Bridge restoration taken this week have been added to the Virtual Tour today. The Tour has also been upgraded to the latest software version!

Follow this link to go direct to the latest additions: http://www.visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
The Virtual Time Tour of Marple
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2008, 07:53:22 AM »
The Tour was updated yesterday with seven new picture, five from a 1970s Marple Carnival Parade, one from a 1960s dance in Marple Baths (thanks Ray) and one of a gentleman called G.E.H. Keillor, of Marple Gas Dept, which has found its way to us from some papers in Aberdeen!

Incidentally, we've been having a little trouble with the gallery returning to default settings recently. When it does this it looks quite different to normal - less images displayed etc - and I haven't got to the bottom of what is causing it yet. If you notice it looking odd, please drop me an email at mark@marple-uk.com so I can reset it.

Click here to go direct to the latest additions..........
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2008, 10:19:10 AM »
We've added a brand new album to the Tour this morning covering a large set of black and white negatives taken inside and outside of Marple Dale Orthopaedic Hospital during a Christmas in the 1930s. We have no idea who the people on the photos are and, if still alive, they will be well into their 70s or 80s. We hope you find them interesting.

Click here to go straight to the new album.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2008, 08:18:17 AM »
We're on a bit of a roll here with Roy Bradley scouring the family albums for photos of interest. Today we've added eight images of people associated with the Trinity Church, some related to local mills, a school photo and a shot of the Alms Houses.

Brilliant stuff!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2008, 10:40:29 AM »
Four more new pictures just added to the Tour, two from regular contributor Ray Noble and two from Roy Bradley. They include Pear Tree Farm, a group of lads at Roman Lakes, three young ladies on Roman Bridge and a nice shot of the Toll House on Dan Bank.

Thank you Ray & Roy, keep 'em coming!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2008, 08:15:18 PM »
Twenty-four pictures taken at the Iron Bridge on Wednesday during the installation of the first Steel Hollow Box Section and the first stages of the gas main diversion have just been added to the Tour:

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website