Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Another Take Away  (Read 3702 times)

Harry

Another Take Away
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 03:50:31 PM »
Yet another plannning application.

Change of use from Estate Agent to Hot Food Take Away at 130 Stockport Road. Thats 2 doors away from the Marple Fish Bar.

How can we sustain so many takeaways?

Dave

Another Take Away
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 10:30:48 AM »
If you include Basmati by the station, I think there are now no fewer than five Indian restuarants or takeaways in Marple!   ':p'

Mike in Marple

Another Take Away
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 10:23:17 AM »
Quote (Guest @ Feb. 21 2006,10:15)
Could do with a few more good quality restraunts in Marple.   Have The Edge (Great) and Marillos (no convinced).

Couldn't agree more.  The Edge is the best restaurant in Marple.  Lovely food, great service and nice atmosphere (especially in their courtyard in the summer).

Who wants Maccy D's and fast food all the time?

Another Take Away
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 10:15:45 AM »
Alan

All fast food?   Could do with a few more good quality restraunts in Marple.   Have The Edge (Great) and Marillos (no convinced).
All the other mentioned are either pubs or not worth writting about in my books.

Cheers

Cuthbert

alan@marple

Another Take Away
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 10:30:20 AM »
A change of use application has been made by a Mr Khan for the premises at 5 Derby Way in order that a take-away may operate from that property.

When  I looked at the written application on the Stockport Planning Database(http://www.stockport.gov.uk/planningbuildingpolicy/developmentcontrol1/devcontroldatabase?a=5441)

I read that the applicant intends to sell " Kebabs, Chips, Burgers etc". If granted I reckon this will make the total hot food outlets in Marple to nine (excluding Goyt chippy)
this together with

2 Italian,2 Indian, 1 Chinese,1 Spanish, restaurants.

Pub food at the Railway, The Ringers, The Hatters and the Navi.

We are well blessed in Marple and need never go hungry or even cook at home for that matter.

I am looking forward to the day when we might have

KFC, Burger King, McDonald's,Pizza Express oh and a traditional fish and chip shop and a gigantic waste bin, strategically placed then i will really be happy.