Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Woodheys  (Read 3032 times)

Aslan

Woodheys
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 10:20:10 AM »
Up until last night, I would have always highly recommended the Woodheys on Glossop Road.
Last night, I changed my mind.
We had a table booked for 7.30 (we've been on 14th Feb for 10 of the last 12 years and found it an excellent night out) We arrived at 6.50, expecting to sit and have a drink before eating. We got told by the new owner 'No, you sit at table and we serve drinks there'.
Drinks arrived, rapidly followed by the starters - described as 'half an avacado filled with prawns', we got a desert spoon of prawns with 4 thin slices of avacado.
Plates were cleared quickly, followed by a sorbet, most of which was on the outside of the glass.
Main courses were then delivered. The meat was excellent, but where the veg used to come very nicly in seperate dishes, an overcooked mixed stir fry of veg was already plonked on the plate. As these plates were then cleared, you were asked what you wanted for sweet and did you want coffee.
We were back home by 8.45.
Originally, we had booked a taxi for 630, to bring us back at 10-1030, but luckily my other half had decided to drive!
Very disapointed, and recommendations for next year will be gratefully recieved!