Updates and Announcements > News and Announcements

ARCHIVING OF MARPLE COMMUNITY FORUM

(1/3) > >>

admin:
A quick update - please note that any accounts not used to log in for 100 days or longer have now been deleted.

Dave:
A bit late to the party here, but I'd like to echo the comments and thanks from other members of this forum, Mark.  Yes, it seems that Facebook has made it redundant, but in its day this was a fine debating chamber, notable for its penetrating punditry on a wide range of matters.   But you kept it (mostly....) civilised, Mark, and it was often an excellent place for good-humoured discussion, which was occasionally even well informed. 

As others have said, Facebook is a very poor substitute. So thanks again for all your good work in running the forum Mark, and long may the website itself continue.   

amazon:

--- Quote from: admin on November 08, 2022, 06:18:55 AM ---Thanks to those of you who have taken the time to make kind comments in this thread.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank @Howard for his help and support as moderator throughout the forum's heydays.

Just to give a bit of an update on membership, all registered users who haven't logged in for more than 12 months have now been removed.

That will remain the philosophy for the immediate future, so every now and again I'll have a little purge.

I've also added a new board called News and Announcements this morning and moved a few topics that I think may be worth updating in the future.

--- End quote ---
Sorry to see the forum go but i think it has served its purpose glad you not closing all of the website down were can i find minutes of your monthly meetings i enjoy reading them .

admin:
Thanks to those of you who have taken the time to make kind comments in this thread.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank @Howard for his help and support as moderator throughout the forum's heydays.

Just to give a bit of an update on membership, all registered users who haven't logged in for more than 12 months have now been removed.

That will remain the philosophy for the immediate future, so every now and again I'll have a little purge.

I've also added a new board called News and Announcements this morning and moved a few topics that I think may be worth updating in the future.

WJH:
I am really sorry that the website is coming to an end.  I have used it for information of what is happening in Marple as I do not use Facebook and will not in the future.  I will also miss all the comments and arguments on various topics. 

Thank you Mark for all the time you have spent running the website.  I will miss it very much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version