Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Linked Events

• MARPLE FEST: August 27, 2022

Author Topic: Marple Fest [Saturday 27th August 2022]  (Read 1382 times)

nbt

Re: Marple Fest [Saturday 27th August 2022]
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 11:53:53 AM »
Oh dear, it's compère (though the accent is often missed, as we don't normally use them in English), NOT compare :(
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 08:13:15 AM »
Here's the "official" answer from the organisers @BacardiMan

Few people have asked for details so here they are

🤩Starts at 5pm- entertainment will be aimed at families until 6.30pm. From then on the vibe will change and we have DJ music and live bands. There will be dancing and live music until 11pm. All the local bars are open and Mr chips, and the usual eateries like the bull, all things nice etc. We are also bringing in st food vendors selling barbecue, pizza, Cambodian food, waffles, crepes, candy floss etc. I hope you can join us 😊
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 02:33:59 PM »
I didn't attend the Jubilee party and i have looked on the facebook page for Marple Fest, i have no clue what Marple Fest is, can someone enlighten me and maybe also advise the facebook folks ( as i dont have an account) that their page tells me nothing.

There isn't a lot of concise information that I can see, so I've asked the question on their FB Group.

There is a FB event (not much more there than on here): https://www.facebook.com/events/768519787661935?active_tab=about
And this page (probably the one you've seen): https://www.facebook.com/MarpleFest
And if you were a FB user you could join this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1013619652891367

But in the meantime, basically it's a Street Party with entertainment on Market Street and Derby Way that starts at 5pm.

I believe it begins with a programme of entertainment suitable for children / families and switches to more adult themes later.

I believe there will be Street Food vendors and most of the bars / food venues will be open and supporting the event.

The best approach is to go along early, see if you like it and stay. If it's not your scene, go home or go to a quieter pub.

Here's a bit more info from their Crowdfunder page: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/marple-end-of-summer-bash?

This is a FREE event with live music from a central stage, dancing in the street, street food vendors and all your local bars and eateries! We are featuring local bands from The DDE's, SOUL 4 SOUL and special guests with special local lad and entertainer of the year Robbie Star as your DJ and compare!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

ROTHERS

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 08:32:30 AM »
I didnt attend the Jubilee party and i have looked on the facebook page for Marple Fest, i have no clue what Marple Fest is, can someone enlighten me and maybe also advise the facebook folks ( as i dont have an account) that their page tells me nothing.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Marple Fest [Saturday 27th August 2022]
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 07:20:37 AM »
A FEST in Marple!

It's happening again on Market Street and Derby Way on Saturday 27 August 5PM to 11PM

"Keeping to a theme that everyone in Marple enjoys (similar to the successful Platinum Jubilee Party) Marple Fest will be held on a bigger and brighter stage, in the heart of Marple's Derby Way and Market Street. Right at the end of August. Celebrate Great Food, Entertainment and Company in the town we all know and love."

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website