Paul Whittaker Plumbing

Author Topic: Contacting our MP.  (Read 1486 times)

Dave

Re: Contacting our MP.
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2022, 02:09:39 PM »
Stunnell parachuting Smart into the area wasn't his best power play move.

I don’t know about any ‘parachuting’ - Surely Ms Smart must have been selected as the candidate in the normal way, by the Libdem party members in this constituency?   

However, she has now lost three general elections in a row, and you do have to wonder how she has managed to get reselected for the next one 🙄

GM

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2022, 06:23:17 PM »
I have contacted Mr Wragg a couple of times over the years, always got a response pre COVID.

That being said, I found the local conservative councillor who went to London to study the dark arts of politics an utter waste of time.

Without going into party politics, Stunnell parachuting Smart into the area wasn't his best power play move.

Dave

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 05:53:29 PM »
I've had the same experience with Mr Wragg - I've only written to him a handful of times, but he has never replied, so I don't bother now. Maybe he knows I don't vote for him  ;)

But what admin writes makes good sense, and is consistent with what we know about the way Wragg works, i.e. that he likes to publicise his own association with community organisations and campaigns, such as the excellent Friends of the Memorial Park, or the campaign to improve rail services at Rose Hill.

Personally I think Wragg is making a mistake. It wouldn't cost a huge amount to employ someone extra to deal with his correspondence, and it might well make the difference between him retaining his seat and losing it at the next election. 

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2022, 10:33:39 PM »
We've had comprehensive replies from @William Wragg MP on some issues but been ignored or not followed through on others.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Cyberman

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 10:29:52 PM »
Interesting to read your comments. Seems like I'm not alone in being ignored. I contacted his predecessor Andrew Stunnell a few times and always got comprehensive replies from him (on nice Houses of Parliament headed paper). Times have obviously changed.

Howard

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 09:01:04 PM »
Likewise.

I have sent three emails and then dropped in a written & signed copy at his offices in Marple. No reply to any of them.

andrewbowden

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 08:33:24 PM »
I got in touch with him once and likewise got no reply.  I gave up bothering after that

Before I moved to Marple I had a very active MP. Was very visible, always doing things.  Sessions for young people to help them find jobs, surgeries and so on   Regular newsletters, always got a reply on any correspondence.  Basically what I think an MP should be.  I didn't agree with her on everything but it felt like she at least listened.

Maybe I was spoiled.  But I would like an MP like that again.

Cyberman

Contacting our MP.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 07:19:07 PM »
Has anyone had any success getting a reply after contacting our MP - William Wragg? I've emailed him 3 times over the last year - the last time a few weeks ago to express my concern about post-Brexit reductions in food standards (accepting hormone-treated beef to get a trade deal with Canada). Not received any reply, apart from the standard "this is an automated response" email. Surely part of the requirements of getting his nice 82k pa salary + final salary pension is to communicate with his constituents. Am I expecting too much?