Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Local issues info  (Read 1319 times)

Steve Gribbon

Re: Local issues info
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2022, 07:46:59 AM »
Congratulations on the birth of your boy.

Regrettably I shall be unable to take part In the Middlewood Way Clean Up, but can you put pressure on the Council to complete the connection between the Middlewood Way and the A6MARR that would allow people to cycle to the Airport instead of driving.  Thanks

Good morning

Thanks for your kind words, Jospeh is doing very well.

Yes i would be happy to do as requested, the physical connection will be in Marple South but I know that the councillors in that ward will be happy to help with this. I will speak to them today and hopefully we can as 2 wards push for this to happen.

Kind regards

Steve

CTCREP

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 12:21:09 PM »
Congratulations on the birth of your boy.

Regrettably I shall be unable to take part In the Middlewood Way Clean Up, but can you put pressure on the Council to complete the connection between the Middlewood Way and the A6MARR that would allow people to cycle to the Airport instead of driving.  Thanks

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 11:01:00 AM »
Thank you for sharing those bits of news on local issues @Steve Gribbon and very best wishes to you, Rebecca and George regarding the impending new arrival!

At Friends of the Park we have recently requested via the Neighbourhood Team that the yellow lines be repainted at the entrance to Memorial Park, as they have completely disappeared in key places where there is regular inconsiderate parking on the road and the pavements. It would be great if the two requests could be addressed in a single joined-up visit please.

Good morning

Thanks for the message and kind words

No problem with the request for the line repainting, leave it with me and I will put in the request later today.

***Baby Joseph born at 0603 this morning, Mum and Son both doing great***

Kind regards

Steve

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 08:03:11 AM »
5. I have requested yellow lines to be repainted on Station Road in Marple and white and yellow on George Street in Compstall. Following residents concerns I have also asked for the parking situation on Marina Drive with the junction of Stockport Road to be looked at, similar parking lines nearby have proven a success.

Thank you for sharing those bits of news on local issues @Steve Gribbon and very best wishes to you, Rebecca and George regarding the impending new arrival!

At Friends of the Park we have recently requested via the Neighbourhood Team that the yellow lines be repainted at the entrance to Memorial Park, as they have completely disappeared in key places where there is regular inconsiderate parking on the road and the pavements. It would be great if the two requests could be addressed in a single joined-up visit please.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Steve Gribbon

Local issues info
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 07:23:27 PM »
Good evening. A couple of local issues to update residents on.

1. The green bin bags have started to be delivered which is great news and sooner than we had been advised. Please keep a look out (around your property) for their arrival over the next few days.

2. United Utilities have confirmed that the leak at seventeen windows is now being treated as a priority and the plan is to have it done as a night job to avoid traffic delays. I agree with many this has been going on too long but hopefully it will be sorted quickly.

3. There has been a spike in graffiti in the area which is very annoying and unwanted. I have contacted the Council cleaning dept about having brickwork jet washed, the rail bridge on Stockport Road, the walkway near Iceland and the entrance to memorial park are some examples I have given as needing attention. I will post a link on this page about how to report anything you see if requested.

4. Towards the end of March I am looking at another big clean up of Middlewood Way which people came along to in 2020 and we collected close to 20 bin bags of waste. Please let me know if you are interested in attending?

5. I have requested yellow lines to be repainted on Station Road in Marple and white and yellow on George Street in Compstall. Following residents concerns I have also asked for the parking situation on Marina Drive with the junction of Stockport Road to be looked at, similar parking lines nearby have proven a success.

Finally and on a personal note my partner Rebecca is due to give birth very soon so if there is a delay in my replying to messages in the coming days please bear with me, I will do my best to keep in touch of course. We are expecting a boy and are very much looking forward to a new member of our family.

Kind regards

Steve