Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Boundary between Marple & Marple Bridge  (Read 864 times)

amazon

Re: Boundary between Marple & Marple Bridge
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2021, 11:52:30 AM »
No Town Street is part of the Marple Bridge/ Mellor/ Compstall plan ( though not sure if the group is still active). The Marple plan came first and defined its boundaries ( why they excluded Brabyns I don't know) meaning the M Bridge plan has odd bits such as parts of Strines foisted on it which the Marple group weren't interested in. By the way my knowledge is a couple of years out of date so forgive any faulty memory. But I do remember general surprise that M Bridge included the Brabyns car park which caused a lot of debate over whether we would be able to influence how the car park was divvied up between those using the shops/ park & commuters. By the way when I was initially involved it was purely a Mellor Plan but local politics & interests meant we ended up with a far wider area which is good in some ways but meant the local plan ended up not being that local.
So where does Ludworth start?

corium

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 09:52:24 AM »
No Town Street is part of the Marple Bridge/ Mellor/ Compstall plan ( though not sure if the group is still active). The Marple plan came first and defined its boundaries ( why they excluded Brabyns I don't know) meaning the M Bridge plan has odd bits such as parts of Strines foisted on it which the Marple group weren't interested in. By the way my knowledge is a couple of years out of date so forgive any faulty memory. But I do remember general surprise that M Bridge included the Brabyns car park which caused a lot of debate over whether we would be able to influence how the car park was divvied up between those using the shops/ park & commuters. By the way when I was initially involved it was purely a Mellor Plan but local politics & interests meant we ended up with a far wider area which is good in some ways but meant the local plan ended up not being that local.

andrewbowden

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 09:03:18 AM »
The title of the map says "Marple Neighbourhood Plan" and shows "Proposed Plan Boundary" so I'd assume it's nothing more than showing the proposed area to be covered by the Marple Neighbourhood Plan.  And it seems logical to me that if you're going to do a neighbourhood plan for the Marple area, you'd include Town Street given it's full of shops.

royal_marple

Boundary between Marple & Marple Bridge
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 03:32:18 AM »
According to this map of Marple https://images.app.goo.gl/PZjt78EisErAQcNC8 the vast majority of Branyns Park is not in Marple! Surely this is not accurate because the entire park is on the "Marple" side of the River Goyt? Likewise, the cottages at the bottom of Station Road and even the Midland pub are on "our" side of the river. Surely Marple Bridge starts on the other side?

Edit: sorry, meant to post this in the Miscellaneous forum!