Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: Green bin collections  (Read 2221 times)

Condate

Re: Green bin collections
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 03:14:25 PM »
I live on Stockport road, Rosehill and they emptied bins this morning, as they didn't tune up yesterday. Obviously only the ones that had still been left out from yesterday... So not many.

The Council website does list the streets not collected yesterday and specifies which will be collected today and which will not be collected until next week.

I fall into the latter category. but at least we are kept well informed.

PhilB

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 03:11:09 PM »
I live on Stockport road, Rosehill and they emptied bins this morning, as they didn't turn up yesterday. Obviously only the ones that had still been left out from yesterday... So not many.

My experience of reporting a missed bin collection is an automated response saying it will collected on the next scheduled date.

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 11:12:59 AM »

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 10:13:37 AM »
There is also an online tool on the Stockport Council website for reporting missed bins.
Here's a link to that council tool: https://www.stockport.gov.uk/start/report-a-missed-bin-collection
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

andrewbowden

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 09:07:46 AM »
I noticed this morning on the way to the school run that the green bins hadn't been done on Church Lane.  And on the way back the bin lorry was working its way up the road doing the ones that had been missed. 

Steve Gribbon

Green bin collections
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 08:51:07 AM »
Good morning.

Thanks to those who have been in contact about their green bins not being emptied. I contacted the head of waste management this morning and requested crews return as quickly as possible to have them collected. The TLC management team know the roads that have been missed. At the last Council meeting we were made aware of several crews isolating but food bins in hot weather is not a good combination and this has been made clear to the management.

There is also an online tool on the Stockport Council website for reporting missed bins.

Kind regards and stay safe

Steve