Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: Barclays Bank Marple Branch  (Read 18673 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Barclays Bank Marple Branch
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2021, 01:34:36 PM »
The vast majority never go to a bank branch nowadays.  There are very few if any services a branch provides that we can't access in an easier way. To the majority of people in Marple the Barclay unit might as well already be an empty unit as they don't go into it, let's hope something more useful goes there. It must be over 10 years since I went into a bank and I'm clearly not unique in that, that's why so many branches are closing.  Local traders I expect might find life a bit more difficult but for the rest of us it's an opportunity to have the unit put to better use.

Well I was last in there on 11 May, and before that 10 May, and if it closes will have to move Friends of the Park somewhere else (again). So personally will be very unhappy with Barclays.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

wheels

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2021, 01:31:06 PM »
The vast majority never go to a bank branch nowadays.  There are very few if any services a branch provides that we can't access in an easier way. To the majority of people in Marple the Barclay unit might as well already be an empty unit as they don't go into it, let's hope something more useful goes there. It must be over 10 years since I went into a bank and I'm clearly not unique in that, that's why so many branches are closing.  Local traders I expect might find life a bit more difficult but for the rest of us it's an opportunity to have the unit put to better use.

Condate

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2021, 01:18:40 PM »
The Marple branch has always suffered from not being open on Saturday (my previous branch was). Perhaps they should consider opening when people can most easily get there instead of closing.

amazon

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 01:14:21 PM »
I have banked with Barclays since 1976 (not always at Marple). I'll have to reconsider now. I've no intention of saying what my balance is, but I don't think they would be happy about losing it.
This is Crazy the people that use that Branch including me Come on people Complain The cash machine at natwest is no longer working either is that going as well .

Condate

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 01:07:42 PM »
I have banked with Barclays since 1976 (not always at Marple). I'll have to reconsider now. I've no intention of saying what my balance is, but I don't think they would be happy about losing it.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 12:52:34 PM »
That is very bad news indeed if it happens Steve, I hope you can get them to change their minds.

Friends of Marple Memorial Park have only moved to them in the last couple of years after the RBS closed and we are running out of options to bank locally.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Steve Gribbon

Barclays Bank Marple Branch
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 12:43:35 PM »
Good afternoon.

Becky, Malcolm and I have this morning received the very disappointing news that Barclays is to shut its Marple branch on Friday 20th August. We as your Councillors are totally opposed to any business premises closing which will reduce services for residents. I have spoken to the Barclays management contact asking for a meeting at their earliest convenience which has been agreed.
We will be doing all we can to change the thinking of Barclays management team and will keep people updated with any further information we receive.

Kind regards

Steve