Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Big Matt’s / The Last Post  (Read 11152 times)

andrewbowden

Re: Big Matt’s / The Last Post
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2021, 02:20:58 PM »
Noting that The Last Post's pivot from sport seems to be short-lived.  The last weeks posts on Facebook are basically mentions of live football and other sport being shown on their TVs.

andrewbowden

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2021, 11:36:08 PM »
Any one tried the bull at marple meal wise

I have eaten at the Bull a couple of times and enjoyed it.  It's not your average pub food.  Bit different with tacos and things.  They source some stuff from Littlewoods, Neal's and All Things Nice

andrewbowden

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2021, 11:23:05 PM »
I drove past on Friday night and The Last Post was absolutely dead.  Noticed today they have "rebranded" themselves by removing a word from their sign.   Now it just says "Bar and _______ Bistro"

Seems to me that they have an enforced market repositioning on their hands and by the looks of it, it may be a challenging time ahead for the owner.  They've been given a second chance.  The question is, can they make it work?

Lily

amazon

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2021, 04:26:43 PM »
so did I, and i thought it was excellent..
We had a roast it was not very warm sent back for a warm the meat was allso a bit redish we go a lot but but yeaterday not up to scratch .no other complaints

Any one tried the bull at marple meal wise

ROTHERS

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2021, 03:03:32 PM »
Has a meal at the Midland yesterday a bit disapointed .
so did I, and i thought it was excellent..

amazon

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2021, 11:49:49 AM »
Agreed what they have done to the Bull is very impressive.  Well worth a visit if you haven't been.
Has a meal at the Midland yesterday a bit disapointed .

wheels

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2021, 06:27:11 PM »
Agreed what they have done to the Bull is very impressive.  Well worth a visit if you haven't been.

andrewbowden

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2021, 06:24:23 PM »
I was referring to the refurbishment of the Bull not The Last Post.  I hear that the Bull has turned out very nice.

The Bull is lovely.

Deniseredmini

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2021, 05:30:16 PM »
I was referring to the refurbishment of the Bull not The Last Post.  I hear that the Bull has turned out very nice.

curlywurly

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2021, 05:58:26 PM »
New owners, complete refurb.  Hopefully not a dive - lets give it and the new owners a chance.  They already have a thriving bar in Glossop.

Well, its certainly a dive and the owners appear to have nearly run out of chances - not that they tried to run a decent establishment in the first place.  The title of this post which was started was "Big Matt's Chav Palace" and the administrator of the forum changed it because it was too direct.  Surprise surprise that the original subject title was spot on!

andrewbowden

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2021, 10:15:08 AM »
The agenda contains the full report they will be discussing - on which the MEN article is presumably based on. 

You can read it at
http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/documents/s192498/Application%20for%20a%20Review.pdf

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2021, 09:50:22 AM »
According to the MEN Stockport council's licensing, environment and safety sub-committee will review the Last Post licence when it next meets at the town hall from 6pm on Thursday, September 2.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/nice-high-quality-pub-could-21411375

I believe this is like an Area Committee Meeting in that you can watch live or on catch-up online.

Here's the agenda and link to watch:

http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=156&MId=28221&Ver=4
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

andrewbowden

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2021, 04:03:49 PM »
@andrewbowden

What does this mean in practice?

I've genuinely no idea when it comes to licencing law.

I'm no expert but some pubs have been shut down following Covid-19 issues alone.

But they could be restricted on their hours opened, what they can do, staffing and so on.

andy+kirsty

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2021, 03:50:30 PM »
@andrewbowden

What does this mean in practice?

I've genuinely no idea when it comes to licencing law.