All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Big Matt’s / The Last Post  (Read 11141 times)

jimblob

Re: Big Matt’s / The Last Post
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 11:56:48 AM »
I think curlyworly must be Lord Snooty  ;)
or maybe he's suggesting a more tasteful and considered approach to shop front designs along Marple's high street to lift the tone of the area?

Cyberman

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 11:53:49 AM »
Perhaps he owns South Seven in Marple Bridge

Dave

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 11:06:38 AM »

andrewbowden

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 09:18:19 AM »
Well that reads rather snobbishly. 

royal_marple

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 05:40:27 AM »
I drove through BenidorMarple today and was shocked to see that the high street has taken another slide down the slippery takeaway dead end cafe slope of chav scally alley. What the hell on earth is Marple Civic Society and the planning authorities doing to this town. Before we know it they’ll be turning the old post office into a bar pretending to cater for sports people. God, please stop this nonsense!!

Would you rather have empty boarded up shops? The old post office was empty for many years so at least it is being used for a successful business. This is exactly what Marple needs I would have thought. I am currently moving back to Marple where I lived all my life until 5 years ago. I have spent that time in Radcliffe near Bury, a small canal town with dozens of boarded up shops and mainly just a few cafes and charity shops. Marple could easily go this way if new businesses aren't opened, welcomed and supported.

curlywurly

Big Matt’s / The Last Post
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 08:12:53 PM »
I drove through BenidorMarple today and was shocked to see that the high street has taken another slide down the slippery takeaway dead end cafe slope of chav scally alley. What the hell on earth is Marple Civic Society and the planning authorities doing to this town. Before we know it they’ll be turning the old post office into a bar pretending to cater for sports people. God, please stop this nonsense!!