Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Vaccine Contact  (Read 4645 times)

JohnBates

Re: Vaccine Contact
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2021, 04:33:50 PM »
Currently its Cohorts 1 and 2

ie Over 80, care homes, care home workers, frontline medical staff

amazon

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2021, 11:03:57 AM »
I was a volunteer this afternoon at the Hazel Grove Baptist Church vaccination centre.
Was all very well organised, loads of positive comments from people after having the jabs and from those accompanying them about how it had all worked. However they are looking at improving things further! Seemed to be a very sucessful first day about 1100 jabs done.
Cant wait what age group were they .im nearly 79 .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2021, 08:32:45 AM »
I was a volunteer this afternoon at the Hazel Grove Baptist Church vaccination centre.
Was all very well organised, loads of positive comments from people after having the jabs and from those accompanying them about how it had all worked. However they are looking at improving things further! Seemed to be a very successful first day about 1100 jabs done.
Yes, I've seen lots of positive comments from friends who have taken elderly relatives for their vaccines. Well done for volunteering John.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

JohnBates

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2021, 08:46:17 PM »
Was all very well organised, loads of positive comments from people after having the jabs and from those accompanying them about how it had all worked. However they are looking at improving things further! Seemed to be a very sucessful first day about 1100 jabs done.

amazon

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2021, 04:42:49 PM »
The letter from Marple Cottage Surgery says that some people may have had a letter from NHS England inviting them to the Etihad, and that you can wait for a local appointment.

The scale of all this means that some people are going to get multiple invites.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  If you can get to the Etihad, then that will reduce the pressure on the GPs, allowing them to initially focus on people who may not be able to travel far.

Not uncommon to get multiple invites for these things.  Last October I had two phone calls within 30 minutes from Marple Cottage Surgery inviting me to get a flu jab.  Unfortunately for them, I'd had it done a few days earlier at the pharmacy!  :)
ok Thank you

andrewbowden

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2021, 04:27:06 PM »
So why two people i no registered at Marple bridge surgery been sent to Etihad mac or halifax one is booked in at etihad 8 oclock sunday morning no car train srvice marple rubish sunday
  over 80 her son is taking her by car . who she has not had in the house for months self isolating etc .Someting wrong some were

The letter from Marple Cottage Surgery says that some people may have had a letter from NHS England inviting them to the Etihad, and that you can wait for a local appointment.

The scale of all this means that some people are going to get multiple invites.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  If you can get to the Etihad, then that will reduce the pressure on the GPs, allowing them to initially focus on people who may not be able to travel far.

Not uncommon to get multiple invites for these things.  Last October I had two phone calls within 30 minutes from Marple Cottage Surgery inviting me to get a flu jab.  Unfortunately for them, I'd had it done a few days earlier at the pharmacy!  :)

amazon

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2021, 03:07:42 PM »
Marple Cottage Surgery sent a letter out saying they will be getting their first doses this week - those will be ones going to Hazel Grove Baptist Church.
https://www.marplecottage.co.uk/website/P88006/files/Letter%2013%20Covid%20vaccination%20clinics.pdf

(This will be the same for Marple Medical Practice, Marple Bridge Surgery, High Lane Medical Centre, Beech House Medical Centre and Springfield Surgery as well.)
So why two people i no registered at Marple bridge surgery been sent to Etihad mac or halifax one is booked in at etihad 8 oclock sunday morning no car train srvice marple rubish sunday
  over 80 her son is taking her by car . who she has not had in the house for months self isolating etc .Someting wrong some were

andrewbowden

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2021, 02:40:25 PM »
How many over 80 been sent to the etihad stadium .not Hazel grove .Romiley section go to Bents lane they are allready doing the over 75s

Marple Cottage Surgery sent a letter out saying they will be getting their first doses this week - those will be ones going to Hazel Grove Baptist Church.
https://www.marplecottage.co.uk/website/P88006/files/Letter%2013%20Covid%20vaccination%20clinics.pdf

(This will be the same for Marple Medical Practice, Marple Bridge Surgery, High Lane Medical Centre, Beech House Medical Centre and Springfield Surgery as well.)

amazon

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2021, 01:58:57 PM »
Just received this message

As of 7 January 2021, Action Fraud had received 57 reports from members of the public who have been sent text messages claiming to be from the NHS, offering them the opportunity to sign up for coronavirus vaccinations. The texts ask the recipient to click on a link which takes them to an online form where they are prompted to input personal and financial details. In some cases the online form has looked very similar to the real NHS website.

Pauline Smith, Head of Action Fraud, said:
“Remember, the vaccine is only available on the NHS and is free of charge. The NHS will never ask you for details about your bank account or to pay for the vaccine. If you receive an email, text message or phone call purporting to be from the NHS and you are asked to provide financial details, this is a scam.”

How many over 80 been sent to the etihad stadium .not Hazel grove .Romiley section go to Bents lane they are allready doing the over 75s

CTCREP

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2021, 10:16:27 AM »
Just received this message

As of 7 January 2021, Action Fraud had received 57 reports from members of the public who have been sent text messages claiming to be from the NHS, offering them the opportunity to sign up for coronavirus vaccinations. The texts ask the recipient to click on a link which takes them to an online form where they are prompted to input personal and financial details. In some cases the online form has looked very similar to the real NHS website.

Pauline Smith, Head of Action Fraud, said:
“Remember, the vaccine is only available on the NHS and is free of charge. The NHS will never ask you for details about your bank account or to pay for the vaccine. If you receive an email, text message or phone call purporting to be from the NHS and you are asked to provide financial details, this is a scam.”

CTCREP

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2021, 10:10:49 AM »
Hello
I believe the situation is that most people will be called via their GP and will not need their NHS number, but there can be others who have some association with the NHS and who can be called directly by the NHS and who may need their NHS number.

CTCREP

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 10:15:21 AM »
Just had an email from another friend who lives in a different area (neither were in Hazel Grove) and wasn't required to provide the NHS number. So perhaps it depends on who is asking the question. The downloadable form.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-consent-form-and-letter-for-adults

says "if known"   so perhaps some places ignore it.

Graham

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2021, 11:02:08 PM »
If you have the paper work from your recent prescription (for those that have prescriptions) it is at the top of the sheet.

andrewbowden

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 12:56:14 PM »
Re NHS number. 

From info I received ;-  ...... have with you your NHS numberr as those who don't know it, are causing a bottleneck of mammoth proportions when they go....

You need to contact your surgery if you want to help the system but don't know your NHS number.

If the system is grinding to a halt because people don't have an item listed as optional on a form, then the system needs to be changed.

CTCREP

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 12:16:12 PM »
Re NHS number. 

From info I received ;-  ...... have with you your NHS numberr as those who don't know it, are causing a bottleneck of mammoth proportions when they go....

You need to contact your surgery if you want to help the system but don't know your NHS number.